Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 298
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I'll bet he hated Gard's timeout vs Michigan
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #62

    New Offer Alert: Bryson Tucker

    Duke has extended an offer to the 3rd member of the Class of 2024, 6'7" G/F Bryson Tucker of Baltimore, Maryland.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    6'9" Jason Asemota visiting in the next few weeks. Different sites have him rated very differently -- top 5, top 20, or below. It's still early for these kids though. Note: he says he'll also be visiting UNC.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    2024 #1 Recruit Heading to Overtime Elite

    Nassir Cunningham 6'7" has an offer form Duke according to this article.

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ge-eligibility

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Nassir Cunningham 6'7" has an offer form Duke according to this article.

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ge-eligibility
    It's interesting that Cunningham is not taking a salary from OTE in hopes of maintaining college eligibility. This kid is super athletic, a great shooter, and has a lot of tools to be a great wing scorer. I hope he does go to college for a year. It'll be fun to watch.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    It's interesting that Cunningham is not taking a salary from OTE in hopes of maintaining college eligibility. This kid is super athletic, a great shooter, and has a lot of tools to be a great wing scorer. I hope he does go to college for a year. It'll be fun to watch.
    According to this article, he is from the same hometown as Kyrie Irving, and, more importantly, was at the same HS as Mgbako. Hopefully the relationship with Mgbako will help Duke. Cunningham is taking an interesting path.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    It's interesting that Cunningham is not taking a salary from OTE in hopes of maintaining college eligibility. This kid is super athletic, a great shooter, and has a lot of tools to be a great wing scorer. I hope he does go to college for a year. It'll be fun to watch.
    He's not getting a salary but will be able to get NIL money. It's a six of one half and a half dozen of the other.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY

    2024 Men's Basketball Recruiting

    Trentyn Flowers, a 6'8" sophomore who's been compared to Brendan Ingram, is a 5 Star and ranked #8 in his class. He has the usual list of college destinations but, according to an article this morning, says that Duke is his "dream school." The article mentions that Duke has, thus far, targeted only 3 guys in that 2024 class, including Naas Cunningham (rated #1 by 247 and a teammate of Mackenzie Mgbako), Bryson Tucker (#5, who has a Duke offer: https://247sports.com/college/basket...yer-183943429/), and Darren Harris (#49, who happens to attend the same hs as Keels and Roach).
    https://balldurham.com/2022/05/04/du...-dream-school/

    If you want to read about Flowers' high school, Sierra Canyon, which is best known for producing Marvin Bagley, III:
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ball-team.html

    Okay, Sierra Canyon's basketball team is best known for currently featuring the sons of LeBron and D Wade, etc, but Bagley is the only NBA player for this school that was created when Flowers was a toddler.
    Last edited by johnb; 05-05-2022 at 10:19 AM.

  9. #69
    There is already a thread for this.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    There is already a thread for this.
    I'd thought there was a 2024 thread but couldn't find it. Your link is just the spot, though it was started 11 years ago, doesn't have a 2024 headline and lacks a reference to Flowers.

    Maybe a moderator can merge?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Recruiting him could be tough. We will face the inevitable whispers that coach K is past his prime, hair color notwithstanding.
    I think the "5-year old" who was the original subject of this thread was scared off by Coach K's retirement.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Trentyn Flowers, a 6'8" sophomore who's been compared to Brendan Ingram, is a 5 Star and ranked #8 in his class. He has the usual list of college destinations but, according to an article this morning, says that Duke is his "dream school." The article mentions that Duke has, thus far, targeted only 3 guys in that 2024 class, including Naas Cunningham (rated #1 by 247 and a teammate of Mackenzie Mgbako), Bryson Tucker (#5, who has a Duke offer: https://247sports.com/college/basket...yer-183943429/), and Darren Harris (#49, who happens to attend the same hs as Keels and Roach).
    https://balldurham.com/2022/05/04/du...-dream-school/

    If you want to read about Flowers' high school, Sierra Canyon, which is best known for producing Marvin Bagley, III:
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ball-team.html

    Okay, Sierra Canyon's basketball team is best known for currently featuring the sons of LeBron and D Wade, etc, but Bagley is the only NBA player for this school that was created when Flowers was a toddler.
    You mean other than Cassius Stanley, Zaire Williams, Scottie Pippen Jr., Kenyon Martin Jr., and BJ Boston? Amari Bailey will spend one year at UCLA and then he too will be in the NBA.

    Also, D Wade's son is no longer on the team.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    You mean other than Cassius Stanley, Zaire Williams, Scottie Pippen Jr., Kenyon Martin Jr., and BJ Boston? Amari Bailey will spend one year at UCLA and then he too will be in the NBA.

    Also, D Wade's son is no longer on the team.
    Well, that’s what I get for uncritically trusting that NY Magazine article from February 2020–anything else begin to get rolling about then?

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I think the "5-year old" who was the original subject of this thread was scared off by Coach K's retirement.
    Was trying to Google what happened to him, but can't even find his name...I guess he's 15/16 now.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Was trying to Google what happened to him, but can't even find his name...I guess he's 15/16 now.
    I found it a while ago

    I think this kid was Reese Woodbury- son of Mike Woodbury - a HS coach who got in a lot of trouble for verbally abusing his players- caught on tape.

    He looks like this kid

    https://minorleaguegolf.com/bio.asp?Record_ID=7612

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I found it a while ago

    I think this kid was Reese Woodbury- son of Mike Woodbury - a HS coach who got in a lot of trouble for verbally abusing his players- caught on tape.

    He looks like this kid

    https://minorleaguegolf.com/bio.asp?Record_ID=7612
    Thanks. Went to golf and moved from Maine to Florida? Interesting.

  17. #77

    Class of 2024 Contacts

    This morning at midnight was the first time coaching staffs could reach out to contact recruits directly from the Class of 2024. My scraping of twitter indicates that the Duke staff has reached out to the following recruits:
    Naasir Cunningham, a 6'7" G/F from New Jersey
    Bryson Tucker, a 6'7" F from Baltimore, MD
    James Brown, a 6'9" F/C from St. Rita in Chicago
    Liam McNeeley, a 6'7" F from Texas
    Darrin Harris, a 6'6" G/F from Paul VI in Virginia

    Cunningham, Harris, and Tucker have previously received an offer from Duke.

  18. #78
    Another offer. https://twitter.com/iamtrejohnson1/s...rdKdqBOrPPb0Qg

    I'm pretty excited to see the Jai Lucas + Scheyer recruiting combo. Wow!

  19. #79

    New Offer Alert: Tre Johnson

    According to his twitter account, top 10 SG Tre Johnson has received an offer from Coach Scheyer and the staff at Duke. Johnson is a 6'5" SG from the Dallas, TX area and is ranked in the top 5 by 247 Sports.

    He called it "University of Duke" in his twitter post. Marques Bolden did that, too, if I recall. Maybe that's a good sign? This could also be the first recruit where Jai Lucas serves as the lead recruiter. One to watch, for sure.

    https://twitter.com/iamtrejohnson1/s...27212717064194

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    He called it "University of Duke" in his twitter post. Marques Bolden did that, too.
    Maybe it's a Texas thing...I hear Thomas Hill, Matt Jones and Justise did the same thing, as did George W Bush.

Similar Threads

  1. 2023 Men's Basketball Recruiting
    By DavidBenAkiva in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2210
    Last Post: Today, 09:51 AM
  2. 2025 Men's Basketball Recruiting
    By DavidBenAkiva in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 03-24-2023, 09:37 AM
  3. New take on recruiting... USA Basketball style?
    By Kyrie'sToe in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 06:06 PM
  4. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
  5. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •