Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    He's from that noted recruiting hotbed of Maine.

(We are talking about hockey, right?)
    don't forget maine's finest acc recruit - nik caner-medley

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    My 3 year old aint quite on this kids level yet but he has learned B-E-E-F and we practice perfect form everyday before he is allowed to relase the ball. Maybe we can put him on the radar?
    Duke doesn't recruit over players already in the fold.

That kid is as smooth as a baby's bottom.

And sometimes just as explosive!

Hahahaha

Great thread, you guys are crazy.

Football is the world's religion. And btw, Duke-Carolina is not the most passionate rivalry in the world.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...e-prospect-leo

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    don't forget maine's finest acc recruit - nik caner-medley
    And Ralph Mims at FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Football is the world's religion. And btw, Duke-Carolina is not the most passionate rivalry in the world.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...e-prospect-leo
    I heard a commentator say today, "looking at that picture of the kid, I think there is a little bit of Danny Almonte in him."

-Jason "Sebastian Telfair was the greatest 11-year old in basketball history... so they said" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Expectations

Let's not put unreasonable expectations on the kid just because his dad is a famous player and coach...
    Oh, wait a minute.

Zombie Thread.

Anyone know where this kid ended up?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Zombie Thread.

Graveyard of broken dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Zombie Thread.

I think this kid was Reese Woodbury- son of Mike Woodbury - a HS coach who got in a lot of trouble for verbally abusing his players- caught on tape. If I would guess, given that Reese does not show up in any searches- he probably peaked at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I think this kid was Reese Woodbury- son of Mike Woodbury - a HS coach who got in a lot of trouble for verbally abusing his players- caught on tape. If I would guess, given that Reese does not show up in any searches- he probably peaked at 5.
    I found a mention of a 6th grader in Dec of 2017 named Reese Woodbury (which should be the right age of a kid who was 5 in 2011) who played for the varsity basketball team at The Pine School in Florida. A 6th grader playing Varsity would somewhat match the track of this "phenom."

But, I checked the website and there is no Reese Woodbury currently on the Pine School basketball team. So, he must have gone elsewhere. If anyone else wants to do some digging, go for it. He would be just an 8th grader at this point, so not yet even in high school.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I found a mention of a 6th grader in Dec of 2017 named Reese Woodbury (which should be the right age of a kid who was 5 in 2011) who played for the varsity basketball team at The Pine School in Florida. A 6th grader playing Varsity would somewhat match the track of this "phenom."

But, I checked the website and there is no Reese Woodbury currently on the Pine School basketball team. So, he must have gone elsewhere. If anyone else wants to do some digging, go for it. He would be just an 8th grader at this point, so not yet even in high school.
    Getting closer- His dad is in a heap of financial trouble.

https://www.facebook.com/stluciegolf...type=3&theater

Naassir Cunningham Schedules a Trip to Durham

One of the top players in the Class of 2024, 6'7" G Naasir Cunningham, will take a visit to Duke this upcoming weekend. Cunningham displayed his mix of quickness, vertical ability, and shooting touch at the Hoophall Classic on Sunday night. He led the Gill St. Bernard (NJ) squad with 24 points on 5-6 shooting from 3 to go along with a few eye-popping dunks. He gets above the rim quickly, in a similar fashion to Cassius Stanley. He's a smooth and blazingly fast athlete with great shooting mechanics. His HS team includes another Duke target, Class of 2023 F Mackenzie Mgbako. He plays for the NY Renaissance AAU team with Class of 2022 commit Kyle Filipowski and coach Andy Borman. Suffice it say, this kid has a number of Duke connections.

Cunningham will be on campus with another top Class of 2023 target, GG Jackson.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/s...08414846148611

Here's a highlight video of Cunningham from Sunday night. Mgbako finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds for the GSB team. Dereck Lively, after a big performance earlier in the weekend, was quiet in this matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Getting closer- His dad is in a heap of financial trouble.

https://www.facebook.com/stluciegolf...type=3&theater
    Some quick internet sleuthing. His name is Reese Woodbury, and based on his instagram he is now focusing on golf. There are also some pictures of him when younger playing basketball with older players.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    One of the top players in the Class of 2024, 6'7" G Naasir Cunningham, will take a visit to Duke this upcoming weekend. Cunningham displayed his mix of quickness, vertical ability, and shooting touch at the Hoophall Classic on Sunday night. He led the Gill St. Bernard (NJ) squad with 24 points on 5-6 shooting from 3 to go along with a few eye-popping dunks. He gets above the rim quickly, in a similar fashion to Cassius Stanley. He's a smooth and blazingly fast athlete with great shooting mechanics. His HS team includes another Duke target, Class of 2023 F Mackenzie Mgbako. He plays for the NY Renaissance AAU team with Class of 2022 commit Kyle Filipowski and coach Andy Borman. Suffice it say, this kid has a number of Duke connections.

Cunningham will be on campus with another top Class of 2023 target, GG Jackson.

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/s...08414846148611

Here's a highlight video of Cunningham from Sunday night. Mgbako finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds for the GSB team. Dereck Lively, after a big performance earlier in the weekend, was quiet in this matchup.

To be a little more specific, Cunningham is THE #1 player in ESPN's Top 25 for 2024. He looked like far and away the best player in the highlight reel from that game (including Mgbako).
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Speaking of young up and comers - who are you more interested in seeing in a Duke uniform - Bronnie or the Boozer boys ? Just asking !

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Speaking of young up and comers - who are you more interested in seeing in a Duke uniform - Bronnie or the Boozer boys ? Just asking !
    Not sure why this is in the 2024 thread. Bronny is class of 2023 while the Boozer boys (Cameron Boozer is said to be the better of the two) are in class of 2025.

Wait... you just split the difference**. Ahhhh, well that makes sense

As for which I would rather see at Duke... while Bronny carries a "cool" factor that is hard to resist, I think winning matters more than anything else and, based on early reports, it looks like the Boozer twins, especially Cameron, will be better prospects.

That said, because he is 2 years ahead, Bronny is more of a known commodity. Who knows if the Boozers will even be top 100 recruits in 3+ years.

I'll take all three of them, please.

-Jason "**- either that or you got lucky" Evans

Wanted to see if anyone would catch that !

Offer Alert: Naasir Cunningham

It turns out that Naasir Cunningham did NOT make it to Duke this past weekend for a visit. However, he did announce via twitter that he received an official offer from HCIW Scheyer and the staff.

After a great facetime call with Coach Scheyer.. I am blessed to receive an offer from Duke University! Go Blue Devils!
    https://twitter.com/NaasCunningham/s...69719230189574