Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142
Results 2,821 to 2,826 of 2826
    Quote Originally Posted by DBKilby View Post
    I am hoping that Jon can convince Angel from Stanford to come. He would be the perfect back up to Power and the 4. We need shooting at the 4 next year to maximize the offense. I am tired of the clogged lane.
    I agree with this. It's why I expect Power to play a lot backing up the 4 and at the 3. I think Stewart and Maluach split the minutes at the 5.

And my biggest revelation watching Flagg is that his 3-point shot is good enough to prevent defenses from sagging off him into the lane. I was worried he'd get the MM treatment on defense next year but I don't think that will happen. Really opens up the driving lanes with him extending the defense. Stretch 4.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I agree with this. It's why I expect Power to play a lot backing up the 4 and at the 3. I think Stewart and Maluach split the minutes at the 5.

And my biggest revelation watching Flagg is that his 3-point shot is good enough to prevent defenses from sagging off him into the lane. I was worried he'd get the MM treatment on defense next year but I don't think that will happen. Really opens up the driving lanes with him extending the defense. Stretch 4.
    I agree Flag seems to be the 4 this coming season. My hope would be that Power stays, works on his defense and gets minutes at the 3 and 4. As it stands, we have 2 starting guards, Proctor the point-guard and Foster the #2 guard. Stewart if he stays and Maluach at the 5. The starting 3 would come from Evans, Power, Knueppel or a transfer. If nothing changes, defense will probably win out in a close battle over offense. But if Maluach is the rim protector we hope he is, then offense may win out over defense. A lot for Coach Scheyer to sort out and it's way early to make good predictions on who will be the rotation players. Way, way too early for minutes predictions.

GoDuke!

wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I agree Flag seems to be the 4 this coming season. My hope would be that Power stays, works on his defense and gets minutes at the 3 and 4. As it stands, we have 2 starting guards, Proctor the point-guard and Foster the #2 guard. Stewart if he stays and Maluach at the 5. The starting 3 would come from Evans, Power, Knueppel or a transfer. If nothing changes, defense will probably win out in a close battle over offense. But if Maluach is the rim protector we hope he is, then offense may win out over defense. A lot for Coach Scheyer to sort out and it's way early to make good predictions on who will be the rotation players. Way, way too early for minutes predictions.

GoDuke!
    It's never too early for minutes predictions!

Liam McNeely (Coopers Montverde teammate) is still undecided. Visiting UCONN next week. I wonder if we lose anyone else to the portal if we get involved in his recruitment. He's ranked 11th in the class and is a gifted shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Liam McNeely (Coopers Montverde teammate) is still undecided. Visiting UCONN next week. I wonder if we lose anyone else to the portal if we get involved in his recruitment. He's ranked 11th in the class and is a gifted shooter.
    I would guess not. Given that we have two similarly rated SFs coming in already, I would guess any additions will be from the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Can never have too many freshmen.