Page 123 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2826

Yeah, but

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    Yes, a McCain and Proctor backcourt alongside Flagg is fun to think about. Toss in Evans with Maluach and that's five players that have shown lottery-pick potential in the rotation next year...
    But then we have to have this whole discussion about getting older all over again!

Cooperís shot is clearly not broken or anything, but it is also not his biggest strength.

I wonder if Chip Engellandís contract precludes him from working with college kids over the summer monthsÖ

The cooper Flagg disrespect in this thread lol.

Reminds me of how Zion came in ďunder the radarĒ.

Iím not usually one for hype, but this kid is special. Didnít lose a single game this year despite playing every top HS team in America.

He is just a special player that can do everything on the court. Sometimes you donít even need to run a play and he will still find ways to score off put backs and run outs.

Really looking forward to next season. We need to surround him with some experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Not too many generations have passed since Zion. Or are we calling him Zion++.
    Does that mean I need a separate subscription to watch Duke next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Iím not usually one for hype, but this kid is special. Didnít lose a single game this year despite playing every top HS team in America.
    Not saying that Flagg isnít worthy of the adulation. But pointing to his teamís success as proof of his individual greatness ignores the fact that two of his teammates are also McDonalds All Americans. It is a loaded roster.

Terrible start by the Duke guys

Rutgers is gonna be good next year per early returns from the McD boys game! East hasnít proven it has any shooters yet-

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Evans really struggling. Flagg just made a 3, but not much else and certainly not dominating defensively.

Edit: Flagg with a great block just now.

Looks like a decent guard class, would have been nice to have Harper for sure.

This VJ Edgecombe kid is incredible.

Corey Alexander will require medical attention at halftime. He has broken both his arms patting himself on the back all game.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Itís over.

Maybe the whole ďcollege basketball is rugby nowĒ is getting too much play, but looking at Flagg and Evanís and canít help but wonder if they donít get completely knocked around by the heavier older guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FastBreak View Post
    Maybe the whole ďcollege basketball is rugby nowĒ is getting too much play, but looking at Flagg and Evanís and canít help but wonder if they donít get completely knocked around by the heavier older guys.
    They'll be 20lbs heavier by the time they step onto Coach K court.

Annual reminder that Josh McRoberts and Greg Paulus absolutely dominated their McD AA game.

It's just a scrimmage....nothing determinative is coming out of this game.

With that said, I get Flagg may be a NBA 4 but really looks like he could play the 3 next year if needed. Flagg, Stewart and Maluach front court would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Annual reminder that Josh McRoberts and Greg Paulus absolutely dominated their McD AA game.

It's just a scrimmage...nothing determinative is coming out of this game.

With that said, I get Flagg may be a NBA 4 but really looks like he could play the 3 next year if needed. Flagg, Stewart and Maluach front court would be something.
    And Nassir Little was MVP in 2018, and the Carolina faithful spent the next 6 months talking about how much better he was than Zion. (Of course, it might have helped if Roy had played him more.)

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post

It's just a scrimmage...nothing determinative is coming out of this game.

First team to 40 points wins? I still haven't recovered from the 2nd half nightmare against State, trotting those 3 out...would be something I suppose. :-)

Evans has had some opportunities to drive the ball but has settled for long jumpers that he's missed. Cooper definitely looks like a unicorn out there but his outside shot does look suspect. Impressed by the overall level of play. Unfortunately the two UNC kids look like players.

Cooper moves so freely, is super active, deceptively fast, has a good handle and pass, and I didnít realize how much of a jump shooter he is from the outside. Heís got such a high release, it will be hard to guard. I donít know what game the naysayers are watching ó sure heís not putting up mega points ó but wow heís going to be special. Then add his competitive drive. Honestly the only other incoming freshman player to Duke that he really reminds me of in terms of similar height body type, ability and maturity at that age isÖ Grant. Yup I said it. GRANT. Heís got that all around body type and skill. BTW Harper looks like heíll be an amazing player and highly entertaining to watch at Rutgers.

Heard reference during McDonaldís game to this weekís Chipotle (formerly Geico) Nationals. Thurs-Sat, ESPNU/2, 8 top HS teams, lots of Duke interests. Flagg, Ngongba II, Harris, Boozer twins. Schedule, scroll down.

https://chipotlenationals.com/

Hereís rundown of all 8 teams.

https://usatodayhss.com/lists/2024-c...als-boys-teams