Thread: Maui Invite

Maui Invite

Just got a call from Oahu Travel with the good news that we are off the waiting list. Just booked. Have any of you gone to past tournaments? Any do's and don'ts of which we should be made aware? Anyone else going?

Wife and I will be there. Not taking the team charter, but have made own arrangements to arrive a week early, so as to really enjoy Maui. (And really enjoy it we will.) Two weeks in Maui in November is a great way to extend Indian summer in Paradise.

Went in 2008 to watch the heels play (it's a wife thing). Still had a great time, and yes we are going this year to watch the devils.

Booked through Oahu travel. Going to take in the banquet this time around, we didn't do it before.

It definately should be on everyone's bucket list!

restaurant rec - I'O

I'm in Maui right now on my honeymoon. We ate at I'O last night which was one of the best meals I've had in my life. Hit it up when you come out here for the invite, and obviously get the seafood.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Went in 2008 to watch the heels play (it's a wife thing). Still had a great time, and yes we are going this year to watch the devils.

Booked through Oahu travel. Going to take in the banquet this time around, we didn't do it before.

It definately should be on everyone's bucket list!
    We didn't book the banquet. Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I'm in Maui right now on my honeymoon. We ate at I'O last night which was one of the best meals I've had in my life. Hit it up when you come out here for the invite, and obviously get the seafood.
    Thanks. I'll definitely look up I'O.
    BTW...Congrats!
    Last edited by nmduke2001; 05-28-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post

BTW...Congrats!
    Yeah I'O was incredible food, drinks, and prices were very reasonable. If you want to do a Luau - definitely do the Feast at Lele and not the Old Lahaina Luau. Both are very expensive at over $100/person. Feast at Lele is a much better show with an impressive Samoan fire dance at the end. The food is also better at Lele. Old Lahaina has no fire, is very touristy, and is a boring show.
    For some incredible sushi - try Sansei. Enjoy the gorgeous beaches and go Duke!

BTW...Congrats!
    We did not go last time so I am not sure. You get pretty good access to the coaches and players during the tourny, but at the banquet there is a dedicated time for autographs and photos I believe. Since we didnt do it in 08 we thought we'd try it this time around.

BTW...Congrats!
    Thank you.
    Another one for anyone going to the Maui Invite - definitely make a dinner reservation for Mama's Fish House. This one is no secret - but it's a phenomenal experience and totally worth it.