Paulus: Hired as Video Coordinator at Ohio State

Greg will be the head video coordinator at the Ohio State basketball program. I hope he's not too good at his new job when they play us!

http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=622433

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Greg will be the head video coordinator at the Ohio State basketball program. I hope he's not too good at his new job when they play us!

http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=622433
    I was hoping that Greg would find an asst coaching position. But at least Greg landed a new job! And hopefully, in the future, he will land back on the Duke Bench!

Terrific pick up for Ohio State, which only had to sell three Big 10 trophies to hire Paulus.

In all seriousness, I suspect Paulus will thrive under Matta's tutelage, and that the Buckeyes--particularly Aaron Craft and Shannon Scott--will appreciate that which Paulus brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    I was hoping that Greg would find an asst coaching position. But at least Greg landed a new job! And hopefully, in the future, he will land back on the Duke Bench!
    Miami Heat coach Eric Spoelstra (?) was a video coordinator just a few years ago. It really does take a knowledge of the game and it is a very good chance to work closely with the coach to determine what is important in player development and in executing your team's offensive and defensive schemes.

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Miami Heat coach Eric Spoelstra (?) was a video coordinator just a few years ago. It really does take a knowledge of the game and it is a very good chance to work closely with the coach to determine what is important in player development and in executing your team's offensive and defensive schemes.
    Mike Brown also started as a video coordinator, and now he's making $18 million over four years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../18/nba.video/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Terrific pick up for Ohio State, which only had to sell three Big 10 trophies to hire Paulus.

In all seriousness, I suspect Paulus will thrive under Matta's tutelage, and that the Buckeyes--particularly Aaron Craft and Shannon Scott--will appreciate that which Paulus brings to the table.
    I think this is great. While we all love coach K, I think its important to be versed in other coaching strategies as well (rather than being 'sheltered') Nobody will be another Coach K. Paulus will grow to being himself as he learns to coach. He will undoubtedly pick up new and different techniques under Matta that Coach K doesn't use. Much like a UFC fighter is successful only after learning a bunch of different fighting styles, I think it can only be a positive for a young guy who came through Ks system to be exposed to other coaching styles as well.

good luck Greg.
    April 1

Talking Opening on Coaching Staff at Ohio State -- Go Greg!

From ESPN:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Brandon Miller, a top assistant to Thad Matta at Ohio State, has resigned to spend more time with his family.

His departure could open a spot for former Duke player Greg Paulus, hired by Ohio State last month as video coordinator.
    Could be a break for Greg.

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    From ESPN:

Could be a break for Greg.

sagegrouse
    That would be wonderful for Greg. Hopefully the speculation will turn into unconfirmed reports which then turn into an official announcement.

It's official per The Ohio State University web site: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...B_OEM_ID=17300

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    It's official per The Ohio State University web site: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Vie...B_OEM_ID=17300
    I think that COYS was hoping for news that Greg had slid into the assistant coaching spot that just opened up (per the comment made in the AP report on Brandon Miller's resignation). The video coordinator position is definitely his for now.