http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/...g-changes.html

I am sure many of us have recently read articles (such as the foregoing N&O piece) related to potential alterations in the ACC current sixteen game in-conference format, especially the possible change to an eighteen game conference schedule. Full disclosure compels me to state: (1) that I strongly favor the home-and-away round robin approach (that the ACC employed with tremendous success until the recent expansion) and (2) that I have always believed expansion to twelve members was a fiasco. However, twenty-two in-conference games is certainly not feasible.

How would you modify the ACC’s format were you at this week’s meeting? Are two divisions (perhaps with annual readjustment to ensure competitive parity) sensible? What about returning to an annual home-and-away series for all traditional rivals (for example, Duke always having two seasonal games against UNC, Wake and State), rather than the ACC's current “contrived rivalries” approach (such as Duke-UMd and UMd-Virginia)? How can the format be modified to ensure fairness in Conference Tournament seeding and reasonableness in NCAA Selection Committee decisions?

What are you opinions and recommendations?