View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canucks

3 13.04%
  • Sharks

0 0%
  • Red Wings

3 13.04%
  • Ducks

0 0%
  • Predators

0 0%
  • Coyotes

0 0%
  • Kings

0 0%
  • Blackhawks

2 8.70%
  • Capitals

10 43.48%
  • Flyers

2 8.70%
  • Bruins

1 4.35%
  • Penguins

0 0%
  • Bolts

1 4.35%
  • Canadiens

1 4.35%
  • Sabres

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

NHL Playoffs

Well, March Madness may be over, but it's time for playoff hockey!

And although my beloved Preds have yet to advance past the first round, hope springs eternal, as they say. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to see which teams Duke fans support, and who we believe is going to go home with the Cup.

I had to leave one team off the poll because the limit is 15, so I left the Rangers off simply because they had the lowest point total of any playoff team.

Enjoy (what is in my opinion) the second most wonderful time of the year!

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    C-A-P-S Caps! Caps! Caps!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

The crafty vets in the D.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    C-A-P-S Caps! Caps! Caps!
    Amen to that.

Let's-Go-Red-Wings! *Clap-clap, clap-clap-clap*

Rooting for a Wings-Caps final so weezie and I can enter the Phone Booth dressed in Detroit Red!

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Let's-Go-Red-Wings! *Clap-clap, clap-clap-clap*

Rooting for a Wings-Caps final so weezie and I can enter the Phone Booth dressed in Detroit Red!
    Wait till you see my vintage Lidstrom jersey from the Constantinov days with the "A" on the shoulder.
    I look very impressive in it!

Carolina's not in. You just don't know how good it felt to type that, even though I am referring to the Hurricanes, and I live in Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Carolina's not in. You just don't know how good it felt to type that, even though I am referring to the Hurricanes, and I live in Raleigh.
    They really are perfecting this barely-miss-the-playoffs thing.

Fortunately when they do make it, they have a tendency to make a run.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Wait till you see my vintage Lidstrom jersey from the Constantinov days with the "A" on the shoulder.
    I look very impressive in it!
    Yikes! I meant "sweater".

Quote Originally Posted by mac46 View Post
    I had to leave one team off the poll because the limit is 15, so I left the Rangers off simply because they had the lowest point total of any playoff team.
    hey! the rangers have a winning record against the caps this season - don't be surprised if they take them out. i'm still going with my habs though - free quebec! boo briuns!

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    hey! the rangers have a winning record against the caps this season - don't be surprised if they take them out. i'm still going with my habs though - free quebec! boo briuns!
    Not only did they have a winning record against my Caps... 2 of the Rangers wins were 7-0 and 6-0. Brutal. I'm terrified for this series. The Rangers are a terrible matchup for us. I would've preferred the Canes any day (and not just because I would've ponied up to buy a ticket for a playoff game in the RBC Center)

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    Not only did they have a winning record against my Caps... 2 of the Rangers wins were 7-0 and 6-0. Brutal. I'm terrified for this series. The Rangers are a terrible matchup for us. I would've preferred the Canes any day (and not just because I would've ponied up to buy a ticket for a playoff game in the RBC Center)
    Yeah, but since that 6-0 loss to the Rangers back on Feb 25, the Caps have gone 16-3-1. It's payback time!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    Wow, I didn't think a maritimer would be so fond of Quebec! Although if I were Chara, I would be a little nervous about some retaliation. You never know about those sneaky Quebecois! (Although I guess if I were Chara I would be Zoubek-sized, which would make me less nervous.)

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    One down, three to go! Nice win for the Caps tonight in overtime.
    JBDuke

I stayed up past my bedtime to watch the Caps overtime win. It appeared like many another Caps playoff game. They had several scoring chances but either hit the posts or were stopped by Rangers goalie and then the Rangers went ahead on a pretty goal. The Great 8 powered in a goal to tie late in the third and Arnott/Semin combined for a terrific goal close to the end of the overtime period. It's great to have Green back and Semin off to a good start although I see this series being a bunch of low scoring and tense games.

gw67

Are the caps going to do their usual "play kiesters off, try to make each series go the distance, end up exhausted" routine or really get their act together this time?

Back to Back

If the BlueDevils couldn't do it, I'm hoping the Hawks will.

Go Bolts! (And remember Jeff Vinik, a bigtime alum and Iron Duke owns the team...)
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Go Bolts! (And remember Jeff Vinik, a bigtime alum and Iron Duke owns the team...)
    Although they couldn't get on the board last night, I was impressed with the Bolts. St. Louis in particular. I read that he took a stick to the chops and knocked out several teeth. He held them in with his mouth guard, stayed in the game, double root canal today, and is playing tomorrow. What a guy!

Demented and sad, but social, right?