Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks everyone...but...

...the credit all goes to Boswell. My role was confined to this: we were discussing the fact that UNC fans wanted K to take the losses from 1995 and how ironic it would be now if that had happened and I said, say...that would make a good A.F. Day joke. He agreed and the rest flowed from his unusually fertile mind.

1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    ...the credit all goes to Boswell. My role was confined to this: we were discussing the fact that UNC fans wanted K to take the losses from 1995 and how ironic it would be now if that had happened and I said, say...that would make a good A.F. Day joke. He agreed and the rest flowed from his unusually fertile mind.
    Can we give you negative pitchforks for this?

Smile April Fools

Thanks! It's always a pleasure to come out of retirement once a year to do the April Fools' Day joke. One of the others in the past that made quite an impact was when we announced that Bill Guthridge was retiring and Dean Smith was coming back as interim head coach. We mocked up a page that made it look like it was coming from the Herald-Sun (which, at the time, actually didn't have a website). Bill Guthridge read it and thought it was hilarious, the Herald-Sun was none to pleased and wrote an article about it (we sent them a gift basket with snacks and wine from North Carolina to make up and all was good), and it actually was broadcast on radio stations in the Midwest as a legitimate news story.

Miss you guys!

Hey Boswell, do you still have a link to that page? I don't remember seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Except for the fact that the end of article says:

"Above from the April 1st edition of Duke Basketball Report. Note the date."

Quote Originally Posted by hughgs View Post
    Except for the fact that the end of article says:

"Above from the April 1st edition of Duke Basketball Report. Note the date."
    That was appended after I informed fact checker of his error. I have the email exchange to prove it if you'd like to see it...
    1200. DDMF.

Call me Charlie Brown

Congratulations on fooling me again. Maybe Lucy will hold the football for me again this fall.

Well done

Certainly had me going for a while too. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who needed to check the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    That was appended after I informed fact checker of his error. I have the email exchange to prove it if you'd like to see it...
    I believe you. Since you didn't post any information regarding your e-mail exchange nor did you mention that you had informed the fact checker of the error it made your original post look naive.

Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post
    Some anonymous jackalope keeps changing it to 904 wins. Probably just a troll.

I wasn't around on April 1st, so I didn't see the article until just now. When I first read the title of this thread, though, I thought maybe they'd vacated some of Bobby Knight's wins.

Job well done

You sure got me. This is the only April Fool's gag that tricked me for even a minute this year but I bit on this one so hard I clicked onto this thread just now, 2 days later, to complain about how terrible it is that K won't get to break the record on the floor.

My only defense: I'm in Australia, so it was the 2nd when I first read it. Still, props to DBR. Well played!