Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    About 15 minutes 'till they tee it up. Watch ESPN!
    they're settling this on a golf course????
    April 1

Well, at least we've weathered the initial uppercut.

You just can't give them opportunities to run. We look like wildebeests in concrete shoes trying to get back on defense when they run.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Some brutal officiating here. Refs aren't about to call Moore for three fouls in a half.

It amazes me that in a 5 on 5 sport that a team can be so dominant. Are the pickings really that slim in womens basketball?

Can't hit shots

The kids just can't hit any shots. UCONN is not that dominating. If the kids had hit shots they would have been in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    It amazes me that in a 5 on 5 sport that a team can be so dominant. Are the pickings really that slim in womens basketball?
    No, UConn just has better coaching than most everyone else.

women's college basketball is such an oligopoly. There's only like 3 big programs and they get all of the best recruits year after year. The Uconn win streak isn't really even that much of an accomplishment to me . . with their caliber of players, its amazing they didnt reach something like that a lot sooner. Comparing that to John Wooden's streak is just an unbelievably stupid notion.

Well, this game is almost over, Maya Moore is just too good. They dominated us . .

thanks seniors rima, kyrstal, and jasmine! GO DUKE

Less than 2 minutes to go and Geno still has starters in. Why! They destroyed us!

Great season for our ladies. Jas, we'll miss you.

Unfortunate

The women should feel proud of two straight ACC championships and elite eight appearances. Nevertheless, it's a shame to end three straight years shooting in the mid twenties and scoring under 50. Maybe next year.

Better coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    No, UConn just has better coaching than most everyone else.

Admittedly, we played like baby seals tonight, but Seth Iceberg could coach UConn to a NC.

Quote Originally Posted by billoz View Post
    Admittedly, we played like baby seals tonight, but Seth Iceberg could coach UConn to a NC.
    I really don't think so. Aside from Moore, UConn's players look better than they are because they know what they are doing.

For two years now, I've watched the Duke women shoot like they have blind folds on. They even have a hard time hitting lay ups. Maybe they need a shooting coach in the off season. GoDuke!

Thank you, Blue Devils for a great season. And a special thank you to the seniors for 4 great years.

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    Less than 2 minutes to go and Geno still has starters in. Why! They destroyed us!
    Take a look, they really only have 6 serviceable players on the game, and at 5 minutes left, they put in the 7th never plays ever player, then at 3 minutes the casey peters type came in. They really don't have the luxury of a second line of players that they can put in when the starters are blowing people out. They only have 9 scholarship players altogether i believe.

That said, Maya came out as soon as was feasible.
    April 1

I hate being right on this one. UCONN absolutely owns us.

Congrats on a great year Lady Devils. Sometimes the bracket doesn't break the right way...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    I hate being right on this one. UCONN absolutely owns us.

Congrats on a great year Lady Devils. Sometimes the bracket doesn't break the right way...
    Not sure which is worse- losing to the most dominant program and the best player in WBB by 35 or losing to a team you beat three times during the regular season and not being able to go to the FF as a result. I think Baylor's loss is probably worse. Duke is absolutely unnerved by UCONN- it is some sort of hex I am convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Not sure which is worse- losing to the most dominant program and the best player in WBB by 35 or losing to a team you beat three times during the regular season and not being able to go to the FF as a result. I think Baylor's loss is probably worse. Duke is absolutely unnerved by UCONN- it is some sort of hex I am convinced.
    the hex? one of the best defenses in the country against an offense prone to going cold. Gotta feel bad for the dukies, they picked the wrong night to get uconn again (after they were cold so often late). Good recruiting class coming in for duke + maya gone...bodes well for the future.

Anyway, its so hard to beat a team 3 times in a year let along 4.

You heard it here first: ND will beat uconn in the semifinal.
    April 1

reverse psychology?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    the hex? one of the best defenses in the country against an offense prone to going cold. Gotta feel bad for the dukies, they picked the wrong night to get uconn again (after they were cold so often late). Good recruiting class coming in for duke + maya gone...bodes well for the future.

Anyway, its so hard to beat a team 3 times in a year let along 4.

You heard it here first: ND will beat uconn in the semifinal.
    as you're a CONN fan is this just trying to play down your own expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    as you're a CONN fan is this just trying to play down your own expectations
    I take offense to that. I probably watch more women's basketball than just about everyone else on this board.

I just watched Texas A&M beat up baylor after losing to them 3 times (though playing them tough) during the year. Not only is the same situation playing out for Uconn, but until tonights game, Uconn has not played particularly well...especially against big east opponents both in the BE tourney and the NCAA tourney. ND looked phenomenal last night and I think they will win, Uconn's poor performances of late coupled with their lack of a bench will get them.

And please don't call me a liar again.
    April 1

Exclamation actually

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I take offense to that. I probably watch more women's basketball than just about everyone else on this board.

I just watched Texas A&M beat up baylor after losing to them 3 times (though playing them tough) during the year. Not only is the same situation playing out for Uconn, but until tonights game, Uconn has not played particularly well...especially against big east opponents both in the BE tourney and the NCAA tourney. ND looked phenomenal last night and I think they will win, Uconn's poor performances of late coupled with their lack of a bench will get them.

And please don't call me a liar again.
    Must have missed where I called you a liar...I simply said you are a UCONN fan...and ASKED if you were trying to play down you're expectations...pls reread there Huskey.