NCAA moments in Legos

http://gizmodo.com/#!5783560/the-gre...nts-lego+style

this is awesome

by far my favorite part is singler getting screened so hard he does cartwheels across the floor
    April 1

Zoub's freckles are cute!

That was great! A co-worker who is not a basketball fan sent me the link. I'm not sure I should confess to her that I remember each of those moments.

Look into the crowd during the 1993 game. One of the fans has a sign that says "This Won't Count Anyway". Brilliant.

In the last scene, is that Coach K with white hair?

Also, love how the first and last games are both Duke games.

ramdevil

Quote Originally Posted by TJenkins
    Look into the crowd during the 1993 game. One of the fans has a sign that says "This Won't Count Anyway". Brilliant.
    There's also a sign held by a lego in the stands of the Duke-Kentucky reenactment that reads "You just peaked." I have to admit, it made me laugh. That assertion, however, fails to take into consideration that Christian Laettner became an NBA All-Star and averaged almost 14 points and 7 rebounds per game for his career. I would agree, though, with the argument that Laettner's national popularity peaked during his senior season at Duke.

How creative.

This reminds me of this NBC Sports 17 (out of Raleigh) puppet spoof from the 2008 NCAA Tournament, which is incredibly hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMIzMiikQo

Quote Originally Posted by Tjenkins View Post
    Saw that too. It was brilliant. They need one of those for all of Calipari's Final Fours.

Loved these links, very amusing. My kids are into Legos - given all the corporate tie-ins with legos these days (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.), it is sort of surprising the company hasn't partnered with the NFL/NBA/MLB & NCAA/schools to start selling kits to build classic sports stadiums. E.g., Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, Lambeau Field, Cameron (!), MSG, etc. I would think these would be big sellers (but what do I know!).

When Singler got screened they showed him flipping over and over all the way to the Duke bench. Hiliarious. Cool video.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    When Singler got screened they showed him flipping over and over all the way to the Duke bench. Hiliarious. Cool video.
    by far my favorite part!
    April 1

I said this before:

I can't like this because the Uni #s are way wrong. Gerald Henderson is shooting the FT (Seriously, the head isn't even white, and it's #15). Kyle is #9. HUH?!
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Lego Reinactments

My favorite part was at the end where the devastating pick set by Howard on Singler sends Singler flipping end over end over end all the way to the Duke bench...

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    http://gizmodo.com/#!5783560/the-gre...nts-lego+style

this is awesome

by far my favorite part is singler getting screened so hard he does cartwheels across the floor
    I agree. The fact that they depicted the screen like that shows the people who created it were true basketball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I agree. The fact that they depicted the screen like that shows the people who created it were true basketball fans.
    ... or that they were true Duke fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    ... or that they were true Duke fans.
    Perhaps. As Loran16 noted if they were Duke fans they would probably have gotten Brian's and Kyle's uniform numbers correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Perhaps. As Loran16 noted if they were Duke fans they would probably have gotten Brian's and Kyle's uniform numbers correct.
    I'm guessing (although I could be wrong) that they were just using spare lego bodies...probably just didn't have the numbers.