Thread: Plumhands

Plumhands

I have to say... the hands of both Plumbros seem to have improved SO much in the last third of this season. First it was Mason suddenly grabbing and holding onto basketballs under the hoop and after tips... now even Miles seems to have developed much stronger, more confident hands. I am very happy to see this development!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I have to say... the hands of both Plumbros seem to have improved SO much in the last third of this season. First it was Mason suddenly grabbing and holding onto basketballs under the hoop and after tips... now even Miles seems to have developed much stronger, more confident hands. I am very happy to see this development!
    As much as I tend to agree, I think we may be biased here after beating up on hampton. Put in a good performance against michigan and I'll be sold.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    As much as I tend to agree, I think we may be biased here after beating up on hampton. Put in a good performance against michigan and I'll be sold.
    they had pretty good hands in the acct
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    they had pretty good hands in the acct
    not denying it. but sunday we're going to see a good michigan team we haven't seen before and I want to see how the plumlees respond to that before I completely jomp on board the wagon
    April 1

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    They have definitely improved over the last month. Mason has superior hands to Miles. I am a huge Miles fan, but he has smallish hands and his arms are much shorter than Mason's. If Miles had Masons hands and length, he would be a beast down there the way he jumps.

Miles looks good right now. They both do really. Like uh no says, we need them to play well on Sunday. When the Plum's, Kelly, and Andre are all playing well, this team is extremely difficult to deal with. Fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Like uh no says, we need them to play well on Sunday.
    This is especially true against a 1-3-1 zone where there are a lot of passes down low...especially if we can stick one plumlee on each side of the low block, one of them will be open almost at all times...then one of the 3 has to drop down, leaving someone open on the perimeter....so they will see a lot of passes
    April 1

Actually, today really wasn't why I was saying this; I've seen a marked improvement over the last month worth of games, particularly with Mason. Miles has been more noticeable since the ACC tourney, but Mason has been solid on grabbing juggled passes and awkward rebounds and holding onto them for a while now.

Say,what?

In your post you wrote, "EVEN Miles Plumlee".......

Pretty harsh. Miles has worked Very Hard all season and should not be addressed as

EVEN Miles Plumlee..

Deladev for Duke and Miles

Totally agree with the comments about Mason. I almost forget he ever had trouble, because he just swallows everything in his area now. Seems like he's more focused on grabbing balls with both hands, and it almost seems like he grabs rebounds with his palms rather than his fingers now, which makes him more reliable.

Jury's still out on Miles' hands though, I think. He did have a great day today - including an offensive rebound where he snatched it right out of someone else's hands - but Hampton doesn't exactly have an intimidating front line.

Gotta be pleased with our post play overall right now though, all things considered.

I basically agree with the original post. Both Plumlees are playing better, but Miles looks like a different player. He's coming out high to set screens and fake traps, his footwork looks better, and most importantly, he has a look in his eye that's different. It's like the paint is now his area. He owns it.

I like that look. I like they way they're playing. Obviously, Michigan will be more of a challenge, but I seriously doubt they'll be better in the paint than the Holes. There was a dramatic difference in the play of our bigs in Greensboro compared to a week earlier. The renaissance didn't start with Hampton. K's gotten them focused more the way Z was focused.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    They have definitely improved over the last month. Mason has superior hands to Miles. I am a huge Miles fan, but he has smallish hands and his arms are much shorter than Mason's. If Miles had Masons hands and length, he would be a beast down there the way he jumps.

Miles looks good right now. They both do really. Like uh no says, we need them to play well on Sunday. When the Plum's, Kelly, and Andre are all playing well, this team is extremely difficult to deal with. Fun to watch.
    This string is about hands and catching the ball, not overall play.

I see Mason as having very good hand eye co-ordination and think he catches the ball well and seldom has issues.

On the other hand (no pun intended) Miles still doesn't have the kind of hand eye co-ordination or perhaps is nervous or looking for the next move. He does still have problems catching and securing the ball. He is strong and athletic and can get himself into rebounding position. When he does get a rebound, he is reasonably good at passing the ball out. In the case of ball thrown to him so that he can make an offensive move, he has the most problems. He is a lot better than Casey Sanders but is behind Miles in my view.

My hope is that he stays with his strengths during game situations.