Question Who’s We, Kemosabe? - Terrence Moore

I saw this topic on the front page of DBR. I'm trying to figure out if this was a live discussion on the air or from an article. Can anyone shed some additional light on the context of these comments? Thanks.

It's in reference to an article he posted on CNN. It's pretty awful.

This is just another case of a writer jumping on a bandwagon. He isn't advancing any thoughtful discussion.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Terence (just one R) Moore's primary gig is as a columnist for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The size of the chip on his shoulder rivals that of the one on Gary Williams' shoulder. I knew exactly what was coming before even reading his crap. His factual inaccuracies only render his facile construction of race and class all the more glaring.

That's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back.
    ~rthomas

Moore is less

I cannot recall when Moore started writing in the AJC here in Atlanta, but I have been exposed to countless articles by this guy.

He tried his voice on local sports talk radio in the Atlanta market and was a dismal failure. He is based, argumentative and often ill informed. He does not understand the concept of an intelligent debate.

He is often wrong, but never in doubt.
    Trust me, do yourself a favor and just ignore him. Really, you will be better off.

Here we are almost to gametime and i have to enfure T. Moore and Jalen Rose...ENOUGH! Let's play ball!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Terence (just one R) Moore's primary gig is as a columnist for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The size of the chip on his shoulder rivals that of the one on Gary Williams' shoulder. I knew exactly what was coming before even reading his crap. His factual inaccuracies only render his facile construction of race and class all the more glaring.
    Moore was with the AJC - he left several years ago (an illustration of the principle of addition by subtraction) after I assume he took a buyout - nothing new in the linked article from the dreck published under his byline for years when he was with the AJC

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    Moore was with the AJC - he left several years ago (an illustration of the principle of addition by subtraction) after I assume he took a buyout - nothing new in the linked article from the dreck published under his byline for years when he was with the AJC
    Good example of how uninteresting he is that I didn't even notice he was gone.
    Of course, we let our subscription to that rag lapse a while back anyway.

Duke Hate

I tend to think Duke hate will be viewed in the future like one of those songs that come around ever so often that is very popular but really vacant in terms of meaningful substance and impact in the world of music.

The two that come to mind immediately are Achy Breaky Heart, and Elvira... yes they sold a bunch of records during their run, but who wants to hear them now?

It is a tired ol' tune... Duke gets all the calls... Coach K owns the refs... Blah, Blah, Blah, ELVIRA, ELVIRA, My hearts on fire for ELVIRA... kind of gets in their heads and they can't stop themselves from singing it!

lives near a number of big white buildings
    The incompetent "journalist" who wrote the piece has now revised it to remove some of the many inaccuracies.

Nothing new there. Same old stuff regurgitated every year in March. Its a cover of the same old song. I have nothing to write about so let's just dust off one of the everyone hates Duke oldies and put that up. Maybe no one will remember last year's version.

Hack gives journalism a bad name. OK, worse name.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartDevil View Post
    The incompetent "journalist" who wrote the piece has now revised it to remove some of the many inaccuracies.
    Just curious, what inaccuracies were you talking about? I'm sure they're there...i'm just too lazy to find them :P
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Just curious, what inaccuracies were you talking about? I'm sure they're there...i'm just too lazy to find them :P
    They talk about the article on the DBR front page and list some of his inaccuracies.

Weak

That article was just stupid. There was no point to it. He just said a bunch of random stuff without any real form. I don't understand what the point of the article was.

Yeah well

He's a dope. Nothing more than this year's Israel Guttierez, whatever (sic, who cares how he spells his name anyway).

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    He's a dope. Nothing more than this year's Israel Guttierez, whatever (sic, who cares how he spells his name anyway).
    That was my first thought also. Israel has such a bias and his facts get more than a little skewed. These guys just seem to have no sense of professionalism and all they care about is pushing their bias agendas.

I do wish we would move on from the email sent to Elton. We have all done things in the heat of the moment that we regretted. Sadly as i often tell my son that living in this age means once you hit send it is out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    That was my first thought also. Israel has such a bias and his facts get more than a little skewed. These guys just seem to have no sense of professionalism and all they care about is pushing their bias agendas.

I do wish we would move on from the email sent to Elton. We have all done things in the heat of the moment that we regretted. Sadly as i often tell my son that living in this age means once you hit send it is out forever.
    I hope you mean both the lady AND Elton? He didn't have to respond to an idiot.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    And don't forget their editors. It's simply lazy journalism.