Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

ACC Tournament - Day 2

And Roy has already gone to the walk-ons....
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    it will be interesting to see how the kids respond. this was my fear for this young team. how would they respond after a long lay off and coming off of a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Well, the starters had 8 points and 9 turnovers.

-jk

Keep it up Miami!!!! Woot-Woot

Miami's zone has been very effective. They're forcing Carolina to keep the ball on the perimeter and out of the paint.

AAARRRGGGGHHH!! My ESPN3 function won't work on my laptop won't work because I'm away from home... I can only track the score. Things are sounding good so far though!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    AAARRRGGGGHHH!! My ESPN3 function won't work on my laptop won't work because I'm away from home... I can only track the score. Things are sounding good so far though!
    Be sure to click the 'remote access' button next time you are home. Or if someone is at home now they could do it for you.

Thanks for the advice nocilla. No one at home to do it now but will do it this evening. Can't believe I haven't already taken care of this! But it looks like I should keep doing what I'm doing for right now as the Canes are takin care of business!

...the Canes are takin care of business!
    Shhhh...the weauxfgods are always listening.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    it will be interesting to see how the kids respond. this was my fear for this young team. how would they respond after a long lay off and coming off of a big win.
    A long layoff? No offense; but it's been less than a week and UNC has had similar streches of time periods between games during this season. Saying that, I understand what you mean about how they will respond after coming off a big win. I was curious as well to see if they were going to come out flat (and possibly a little overconfident) after winning the ACC regular season. And after Miami came from behind to beat UVA in a thrilling fashion and considering how competitive they played UNC a few weeks ago, I thought they would come into this game very confident.

Somehow, I'm not comfortable at half.

Miami better go for the throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    A long layoff? No offense; but it's been less than a week and UNC has had similar streches of time periods between games during this season. Saying that, I understand what you mean about how they will respond after coming off a big win. I was curious as well to see if they were going to come out flat (and possibly a little overconfident) after winning the ACC regular season. And after Miami came from behind to beat UVA in a thrilling fashion and considering how competitive they played UNC a few weeks ago, I thought they would come into this game very confident.
    I think the first four-minute segment of the second half will be very telling. Miami played very well throughout the first half, while unc played about as poorly as they have in a couple of months. I will be interested to see what kind of adjustments the heels make, and if Miami will be able to respond sufficiently to the inevitable counterpunch that is coming.
    In a broader sense, this is what the ACC Tournament should be like. Worlds better than yesterday.

I can't watch the game but I see carolina has 14 turnovers with 18mins. left? WOW. What's going on? Sloppy offense or great d?

I think its over, UNC is off and Miami is shooting it well from 3. Hard to make up 16 pts when you cannot score effectively against a zone.

I can't watch the game but I see carolina has 14 turnovers with 18mins. left? WOW. What's going on? Sloppy offense or great d?
    Both, but more of the former than the latter, I think. Carolina is not playing crisply at all.

I think its over, UNC is off and Miami is shooting it well from 3. Hard to make up 16 pts when you cannot score effectively against a zone.
    Giving up already? There's still 16 minutes left! I guess you don't have much faith in your team, huh?

Giving up already? There's still 16 minutes left! I guess you don't have much faith in your team, huh?
    i like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. there will have to be a drastic change in quality of play and luck for UNC to overcome this deficit.

i like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. there will have to be a drastic change in quality of play and luck for UNC to overcome this deficit.
    Beware the reverse weaux!!!

I can't believe UNC is losing to Miami. What is going on here!?

Typical UNC, typical ACC. Play well against Duke and like crap against everyone else. Don't let any UNC fans try to make you think the regular season title is more important than the tournament either. That's always their convenient excuse.