Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DBR Draft Chat

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    i dont get that trade for either team. aren't eddy curry and zach randolph the exact same player? maybe even the same person? isn't francis' contract one of the worst in the league (or is it expiring soon)? aren't there teams who want and need randolph a lot more than the knicks?
    Francis has 2 years left on his contract, Randolph has 4

Quote Originally Posted by kexman View Post
    I think the NBA should stop the abiltiy of the suns to sell draft picks for cash. they sold one of their first round picks #24 for approximately 3 million (apparently they have done this before). 1) What does it say about the draft when they think a late first round pick is basically worthless. I assume their rationale is that they don't want to pay guaranteed money for 3 years to someone they don't think will help them, but is a late first round pick really that bad? I think it looks bad for the integrity of the NBA and the draft if you can just sell the pick for cash. How much cash would it take to buy the rights to ODEN???
    I think that the problem for the Suns is two-fold: The owners are cheap and want the cash, and they're going to have problems with the salary cap. The second is actually related to the first in a way, as the owners don't want to pay more luxury tax than necessary (they may not want to pay any?)

Francis Buyout?

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Francis has 2 years left on his contract, Randolph has 4
    Is that really the word on the street like someone said earlier? They really would do well to get into next year's free agent market.

2008 FA's: Brand, Maggette, Deng, Arenas, J. O'Neal, Ben Gordon, Al Jefferson,
    Rip Hamilton, Duncan, Marion, Kevin Martin, Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Andre Igoudala

Am I the only guy that would've picked Al Thornton before Joakim Noah?

Quote Originally Posted by thebur View Post
    Is that really the word on the street like someone said earlier? They really would do well to get into next year's free agent market.

2008 FA's: Brand, Maggette, Deng, Arenas, J. O'Neal, Ben Gordon, Al Jefferson,
    Rip Hamilton, Duncan, Marion, Kevin Martin, Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Andre Igoudala
    On paper that looks like a tremendous free agent class, but most of those guys aren't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Am I the only guy that would've picked Al Thornton before Joakim Noah?
    Nope, I would have loved to see Thornton in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    On paper that looks like a tremendous free agent class, but most of those guys aren't going anywhere.
    if those are all unrestricted free agents, then duncan is the only one who is almost certainly not going anywhere.

Obviously it's unlikely that many of them will move, but there's no reason someone like Brand, for instance, won't leave if he gets a huge deal elsewhere (especially given the Clippers' history).

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    if those are all unrestricted free agents, then duncan is the only one who is almost certainly not going anywhere.

Obviously it's unlikely that many of them will move, but there's no reason someone like Brand, for instance, won't leave if he gets a huge deal elsewhere (especially given the Clippers' history).
    There are other players there whom I'd be really surprised to see move, such as Deng, Iguodala or Jefferson. Players whom the teams have said they will do anything to keep. Sure, they may receive big offers from other teams, but it's very unlikely that they'll go anywhere (I'm guessing many of them are restricted free agents, anyway, as they're coming off early contracts).