Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by shoutingncu View Post
    Archie Miller to Dayton. I'd assume that probably ends the Wolfpack's pipe dream of luring Sean away.
    Not sure it would factor at all in Sean's decision. Both were assistant's at State. Also, Sean Miller to State is in no way a pipe dream. Had State's former AD not been terrible, Sean Miller would be State's coach right now.

Given Sean's success at Arizona, and the fact he has only been there 2 years, it makes luring him away now, difficult, but certainly not impossible. There are other, non-basketball factors at play here as well.

Frank Haith to Mizzou. Frankly, doesn't sound like a very good hire for Missouri. Haith was likely going to be on the hot seat at Miami next season anyways so makes sense for him to try somewhere new. Some think Miami is going to go after Frank Martin. The ACC really has had a lot of turnover the past few years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6288358&campaign=rss&source=ESPNUHeadline s
    Last edited by Bluedog; 04-04-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Frank Haith to Mizzou. Frankly, doesn't sound like a very good hire for Missouri. Haith was likely going to be on the hot seat at Miami next season anyways so makes sense for him to try somewhere new. Some think Miami is going to go after Frank Martin. The ACC really has had a lot of turnover the past few years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6288358&campaign=rss&source=ESPNUHeadline s
    Wow that's so odd. He's such a step down from Painter, it's not even funny.

Of note, I don't think Haith was really far on the hot seat: it's not only a football school, but they should make the tourney next year with some fairly good players. Just odd.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    The rumor is that Painter has been upset because Purdue won't let him give good salaries to his assistants, one of whom left for more money last year at CLEMSON of all places.

Mizzou is offering not just the money to Painter, but for an additional amount for his assistants so that they won't be swiped away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Sorry Klemnop, when I said "of all places" I meant that there's really no advantage Clemson has over Purdue, especially with a new coach, for an assistant coach (Purdue is a consistent Top 3-4 Team in the B11, Clemson is at best Top 3-4, probably below that). It won't help their resume at all and they're not going to be getting the Clemson head coaching job.

The only reason for the moves have been money, in that Purdue is apparently known to be cheap with the assistants. And well, Imagine if Coach K constantly had to find new assistant coaches as Wojo, Collins, et al were all lured away to be ASSISTANT COACHES for someone else since they weren't paid enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klemnop View Post
    Just letting you know I'm paying attention. CLEMSON didn't necessarily have to be in all CAPS.

As you noted, Ricky Ray moving to Clemson was more about Purdue not coming up with the cash than Clemson being a massively appealing option. That said, Brownell's roots run deep in the midwest and I'm sure that he shared many mutual contacts with Ricky Ray. For Ray it was the chance to take the "A" seat at an ACC program while boadening his recruiting footprint. I'd be surprised if Ray lasted at Clemson past next season - with a mid-major Head Coach position being his next logical step. He's already interviewed for two lower tier programs in the last week (Florida Gulf Coast is one, I can't recall the other.) My guess is he's interviewing for the experience of it but next year the "right" program will come calling.

Similar pedigree and career path as Shaka Smart (who held the "A" seat at Clemson for Oliver Purnell before moving over to UF with Donovan for two seasons.)

Klem
    Well, there is one huge similarity/parallel between Purdue and C-L-E-M-S-O-(paws, err, pause, pause, pause)N in that neither of them has won a game in chappaheeya for >50 years (well, I didn't really check about Purdue).

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Coach Knight interested in UNLV job?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...sted?eref=sihp

This would not affect Coach K getting the record at this point, but it is interesting.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

Princeton Coach to Fairfield??

Sydney Johnson from Princeton to Fairfield? Wow. Bet nobody saw that one coming. I have to think something elsemis going on, for a Princeton alum to move from there to what is certainly a lesser program/league. Maybe the pressure from Harvard's getting to the other Ivy Leaguers, and they're clearing out before the dynasty takes full effect!

Miami

I hate to say it, cuz I grew up there and rooted for the Canes (football - there was no hoops at the time), but Miami is a mess.

Within the last several months, the AD fired the football coach. Then the AD resigned to go to Texas Tech. Now the interim/acting AD has the basketball coach leave, meaning who exactly is going to lead this "nationwide search" that the school's administration has promised is about to ensue? And what coach would want to step into this morass?

Miami basketball has a lot of problems, including it not being in a "college town" and it being located in a city that doesn't care much about basketball and when it does care, it has LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to entertain them. Sure, it's an ACC job, and it is a fertile recruiting area, and it's a fun place to live -- a lot better than Manhattan, Kansas, I reckon -- but still. An established coach should think hard on this job before accepting it.