View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 81-67 loss to Carolina?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyle Singler

1 1.03%
  • Nolan Smith

60 61.86%
  • Mason Plumlee

1 1.03%
  • Ryan Kelly

2 2.06%
  • Seth Curry

22 22.68%
  • Miles Plumlee

10 10.31%
  • Tyler Thornton

1 1.03%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. UNC (March 5, 2011)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 81-67 loss to Carolina?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Only 2, maybe 3 players are even worthy of being on this list. And the winner is a no-brainer.
    T '05, SOM '10

The player of the year in the conference and the nation. Curry gets big ups for his play tonight also, but it's Nolan.

4. Seth's performance was encouraging, but if he could've done half of what he did tonight at UNC to Virginia Tech we would at least share the ACC regular season.

Far and away, as in last season, Nolan has been our most consistent player.

nolan and seth were great. Miles was decent. Other then that no one showed up.

My vote goes to Miles. Very good defense, efficient with the ball when he had a chance to score, 11 rebounds and nearly as many assists as Nolan with a better a/t ratio.

Second would be Nolan. If some folks would hit shots, his assists would look a bit better.

MOTM

Since our offense is mostly set up for the 3 ball, I had to vote for the only player that actually hit one. Seth is MOTM. Go Duke!

I voted for Miles, who kept us in the game on both ends of the floor. He stepped up to the task.

Next play. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I voted for Miles, who kept us in the game on both ends of the floor. He stepped up to the task.

Next play. Go Duke!
    Next to Kyle, Miles is probably the toughest player we have. Close between Nolan and Miles for toughness. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
    nolan and seth were great. Miles was decent. Other then that no one showed up.
    That pretty much sums it up.

I voted for Nolan.

Nolan.

Nolan

Nolan gave his all..

Are you all serious?

We went 0-16 from 3, 0-17 if you count Andre's 3 misses, outside of Seth Curry. And they were all open shots.

We lost this game, because no one but Seth showed up. Nolan had 30. It wasn't a meaningful 30. And he contributed by missing the open shots too.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Before we get too far, i think it's wrong for folks to say that players "didn't show up" for the game. Carolina's shots went down, our's didn't. It was not for lack of effort IMHO.

We split the season, time to get them in the conference final.

I don't think it matters much for this game. I voted for Miles.

I think you have to have indulged pretty heavily in some post game self-medication to vote for Ryan in this one.

Before we get too far, i think it's wrong for folks to say that players "didn't show up" for the game. Carolina's shots went down, our's didn't. It was not for lack of effort IMHO.

I agree and disagree with you. Carolina's shots did go down, but I still think I sensed a lack of intensity in those besides Noloan and Seth. Ryan Kelly's poor performance was more than just bad shooting to me. I didn't see the intensity necessary to go into chapel hill against a hungry unc team. When a team is at home and hungry, you HAVE to come in and match that intensity to even have a chance. I just don't feel like we had what it took mentally/emotionally to give our physical talents a chance to execute. Carolina played very well and I think they are the better team at this point, but I do think Duke could've played harder and with more intensity. I hope we take this personally and like you said, get them back in the ACC tourney! GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluelemur View Post
    I think you have to have indulged pretty heavily in some post game self-medication to vote for Ryan in this one.
    That person was either being sarcastic or they thought it was a MOTM for the Heels thread.
    Kelly had a brutal game, just like Seth did last Saturday and the Seth bounced back with two very good games. I'm sure Ryan will be able to do the same.

Agree very much. I hate seeing this. I don't think there is any game where I would say the team "didn't show up". There are always going to be games in a season that 18-23 year old kids aren't going to be as focused as they could optimally be, but Duke always shows up. That's one reason they are 27-4.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Agree very much. I hate seeing this. I don't think there is any game where I would say the team "didn't show up". There are always going to be games in a season that 18-23 year old kids aren't going to be as focused as they could optimally be, but Duke always shows up. That's one reason they are 27-4.
    i'd like to agree with you, but coach mike has said otherwise:

As a program today, we did not show up to compete.
    http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...win-over-duke/