Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymf7 View Post
    One thing cannot be debated about Shav, though -- the man could really pump fake.
    What??? Pump fakes??? And all this time I thought he was actually trying to jump!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    This entire post is the very definition of a Straw Man.
    Haha, ok. Say what you want. All I can say is that I'm up for seeing this team develop before we start assigning our roles. Apparently, you seem to have all the answers already...

I don't think the problem with Shav was failing to be the next Ferry or Laettner so much as failing to be the Shav we expected him to be. Guy was supposed to be a star, just like we're hoping Singler will be, and for a lot of reasons it didn't happen.

In addition to pump faking, he was pretty good at fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    Haha, ok. Say what you want. All I can say is that I'm up for seeing this team develop before we start assigning our roles. Apparently, you seem to have all the answers already...
    Look up the definition of a "Straw Man," ok? You are repeatedly attributing arguments to me that I'm not making. When I said Henderson "shouldn't" start, that's based on what we've seen so far. Obviously, if he improves to the point where he's better than those ahead of him, he should start. The same goes for Marty Pocius, Jordan Davidson and the team managers. So, you have reshaped the argument into something so obvious no one could possibly disagree with you. My point -- which, again, was crystal clear -- is that based on what we've seen from Henderson, he's not as good as the guys ahead of him, doesn't warrant the comparisons made yet and has a number of areas in which he must improve. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimedun34 View Post
    Silky J, I hate to get off topic but could you share some of what the scouts thought of McRoberts and Nelson?
    Up and down on both. They think Demarcus can be a 2 guard in the NBA if he improves his range. They like his body and athleticism (obviously) and think he is an underrated defender (although I never though of him as underrated in this category...). Some worries about his handle as well...

They liked Josh a lot, and realllllly like the fact that he can handle the rock. If he can develop any kind of jumper they think he can be an all-star. They were always talking about the euro-types who are 6'10"-7'0" (or higher) and play like guards. Thats the mold they see him in, and then add his athleticism off the ball - watchout (of course what happened on draft night seemed to contradict this, but thats what they said. I think if he develops a solid 10-15 footer he will be a steal in this draft) They also think he is an underrated defender.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimedun34 View Post
    I hope we aren't comparing a senior Dahntay to a freshman Henderson? Don't forget that Dahntay had the pleasure of practicing with the 2001 championship team and also played 2002 alongside Jason, Carlos and Dunleavy. Henderson hasn't had the chance to get that type of experience yet.
    I was comparing them, but I was saying that I think Henderson will surpass Dahntay b/c of his mid-range game.

Dahntay/Gerald is a good comparison right now

If we look at Dahntay's first year in Royal Blue, and Gerald's, I think the trajectory is not that different as of yet. I think Gerald has a higher ceiling, and I definitely am looking forward to him really shining this year, but as of yet he is still behind Scheyer in the sophomore class.

Dahntay's Jr. Year PPG-11.2 RPG-4.2 APG-1.1 3Pt%-.231 FG%-.505 FT%-.725 MPG-28.9

Gerald's Fr. Year PPG-6.8 RPG-2.9 APG-1.1 3Pt%-.320 FG%-.451 FT%-.627 MPG-19.8

Now Dahntay was much older, stronger, and had experience at Rutgers before joining his buddy J-Will down in Durham. However, even if Gerald had a similar or slightly better career than Dahntay and stretched it over 4 years, I would be really happy with him as a Blue Devil.