Super Bowl Predictions

While I will be rooting for the Packers because I can't stand Brett Favre and want Aaron Rodgers to already have as many super bowl wins as Favre did in 67 years in the NFL...

I'm picking the Steelers, experience counts for something and the Steelers have a TON of it. Big Ben, Lamar Woodley and Troy Polamalu will be too much for the Pack

Steelers 20
    Packers 16

That I won't drink enough and will stay awake for the entire game.

24-17 Packers
    I like both teams but the Packers I like more. The dome will benefit the Packers offense and both team are fairly equal on defense with a slight edge to the Steelers. The fact that the Steelers have been there before does not help at all. I dont understand why people say that.

I predict Christina will screw up the national anthem... oh wait, she did.

I predict a Packers win... now please disregard the timestamp. Thank you.

if Rodgers wins another SB for GB does he become more of a GB legend than Favre?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    if Rodgers wins another SB for GB does he become more of a GB legend than Favre?
    As a Packers fan, I really hope Rodgers is just getting started. He is self-aware. Favre never has been.

Super Bowl was grand, best in years, in spite of Christina Aguilera's inexcusable little goof. Packers win by six in dramatic fashion in closing minutes. Super commercials didn't show up, and the half time show was forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Super Bowl was grand, best in years, in spite of Christina Aguilera's inexcusable little goof. Packers win by six in dramatic fashion in closing minutes. Super commercials didn't show up, and the half time show was forgettable.
    The best part of the halftime show was Slash.

What's really inexcusable is the "it's all about me" style of singing we saw in both the Anthem and in America the Beautiful. Dragging them out for 45 minutes each doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    The best part of the halftime show was Slash.
    I have to agree there. Fergie's Axle Rose impersonation was pretty hysterical too, especially when she started doing his moves.

Super Bowl was grand, best in years, in spite of Christina Aguilera's inexcusable little goof.
    Can't argue there, though even without the goof, I've never been a fan of over embellishing the anthem. I prefer it when they just sing it with respect. When you start doing all that stuff, you make it about you, plus it makes it a LOT easier to get lost, which is what it looks like happened with Christina. She got so caught up in her rendition that she lost her place for a second. I thought her recovery was pretty good though, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Can't argue there, though even without the goof, I've never been a fan of over embellishing the anthem. I prefer it when they just sing it with respect. When you start doing all that stuff, you make it about you, plus it makes it a LOT easier to get lost, which is what it looks like happened with Christina. She got so caught up in her rendition that she lost her place for a second. I thought her recovery was pretty good though, all things considered.

Whitney Houston's rendition of the National Anthem is still my favorite, and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    The template for singing the national anthem belongs to Wayne Messmer (plenty of videos on youtube). This is one thing the Cubs get right.