Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    I think there's a big difference between a stud debating staying for his senior year vs. staying for his sophomore year. So these comparisons to Singler, Luck, etc. aren't really fair.

Who here thinks we would put him back in the lineup come NCAA Tourney time if he was held out during the ACC Tourney? I say we would starting with 15-20 min off the bench in the 1st round to see how he looks, then go from there.

Coach K and the staff may have different sentiments, but if we draw a dangerous team come sweet 16, I have a hard time believing we would hold him out if he's cleared to go.

I mean, let's be honest here with each other. Brandon Roy is going to be playing with Portland 3 weeks post op from double knee surgery. I think a toe can be good to go with 1 1/2 months of rehab

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Who here thinks we would put him back in the lineup come NCAA Tourney time if he was held out during the ACC Tourney? I say we would starting with 15-20 min off the bench in the 1st round to see how he looks, then go from there.

Coach K and the staff may have different sentiments, but if we draw a dangerous team come sweet 16, I have a hard time believing we would hold him out if he's cleared to go.

I mean, let's be honest here with each other. Brandon Roy is going to be playing with Portland 3 weeks post op from double knee surgery. I think a toe can be good to go with 1 1/2 months of rehab
    Well, it may depend on how he does in practice. If he can practice at full strength by then and if he is working out well with the team, it could be possible.

I think we all know that Coach K is putting the worst possible scenario out there constantly because he wants the team to focus on who's healthy now and prepare as if Kyrie won't come back.
    From the latest news, it sounds very promising that KI will be back on the court sometime next month. There's still plenty of time to rehab. Sounds like the trainers have been staying on top of his cardio, too. Being such a young athlete, I doubt it will be too hard for KI to get back into game shape within a few weeks.

Please keep in mind this is a fans website...

Hi,

Last year I had carpal tunnel in my big toe (repetitive stress injury--as a word of warning don't Spin at high intensity levels on keyser bikes five-six times a week). Besides being in pain and walking being hard (and being able to meet the orthopedist to the Golden State Warriors, San Francisco Ballet, and various professional athletes from all over the bay and beyond) nothing very good came from the experience.

However, once the inflammation went down and it wasn't (too) painful to get back out there and exercise, I did. It took a lot less time than I thought to be back to 100% (and only Spinning 3-4 times a week), so an athlete like Kyrie who is a lot younger than I--well, I am very bullish on his return. Nevertheless, I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to know how long Kyrie will take to be on the court.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    As long as we're clutching at the most minute of straws there was this exchange on Twitter some time back:

Now, when Rivers said "You already know what it is!" it sounded to me like he was interpreting Kyrie as stating that he has already made the decision to stay. Others have told me "No, no, no...that doesn't mean that at all. It just means something like 'For sure, I agree that it would be great if we played together'." Any dialecticians in residence?
    Austin's comment should not be taken to mean anything about Kyrie's decision. The best translation would be something closer to "Yep you're right, it would be awesome if that happened!"

Jay Williams on Sportsnation just now. After spending some time with the Duke team, he said there's a chance KI could be back before the ACC tourney.

Not sure K would want that kind of optoemisim getting expressed, re: creating expectations, but man, it would be great to get him back WITH time before the NCAAs to work him back in.

Cool So that would mean...

We did not have to use the excuse last night that Carowina won because Kyrie was hurt....AND we get to go beat up on them in their own house WITH Kyrie. Oh how that would warm my heart!

* I was obviously refering to the Lawson excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluelemur View Post
    Jay Williams on Sportsnation just now. After spending some time with the Duke team, he said there's a chance KI could be back before the ACC tourney.

Not sure K would want that kind of optoemisim getting expressed, re: creating expectations, but man, it would be great to get him back WITH time before the NCAAs to work him back in.
    While this can give us all hope, the key phrase was "there's a chance". I don't think K would have a probem with what Jay said because it doesn't contradict anytning that has been already said or give false hope. A "chance" doesn't mean that it will happen and we can't assume that it is a lock to happen. Again, it all depends on how well "the toe" responds to rehab. If the rehab goes well, there's "a chance" Kyrie could play before the ACC tourney/March.

there's a "chance" that monkeys will fly outta my butt, however, i'm not worried about it...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    While this can give us all hope, the key phrase was "there's a chance". I don't think K would have a probem with what Jay said because it doesn't contradict anytning that has been already said or give false hope. A "chance" doesn't mean that it will happen and we can't assume that it is a lock to happen. Again, it all depends on how well "the toe" responds to rehab. If the rehab goes well, there's "a chance" Kyrie could play before the ACC tourney/March.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    there's a "chance" that monkeys will fly outta my butt, however, i'm not worried about it...
    I'd be.

I think I would rather have turf toe relapse than that

For anyone who hangs out around the basketball facilities on campus, has anyone seen Kyrie doing anything athletic with weight on his injured foot?

That would definitely scare me...and make me queasy at the same time.

And, Kyrie did some super jumping, cheerleader style last night, only to be admonished by the team trainer.
    Phooey, no fun team trainer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluelemur View Post

Jay Williams said something else interesting a couple days ago on the David Glen show that I feel nobody else has mentioned, but is a good point. He said that from an NBA tryout perspective, Kyrie exceeded expectations and his draft status is as high as it can be. If Kyrie comes back and doesn't perform up to those same standards, his status cacan only go down. Thus, Kyrie doesn't have as much incentive to come back if he's less than 100%. Of course, he wants to play and contribute with a chance for a national championship, but we can't deny that his father and others might also consider how him playing at not 100% might affect his future prospects. In any event, thought it was an interesting point coming from Jay.

might be time

for some extra strength depends

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    For anyone who hangs out around the basketball facilities on campus, has anyone seen Kyrie doing anything athletic with weight on his injured foot?

You gotta remember he JUST got his cast off. If he is doing anything on his foot right now, its probably nothing more than light jogging.

Has anybody seen him walking? Does he look comfortable? Does he have any sort of limp?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Jay Williams said something else interesting a couple days ago on the David Glen show that I feel nobody else has mentioned, but is a good point. He said that from an NBA tryout perspective, Kyrie exceeded expectations and his draft status is as high as it can be. If Kyrie comes back and doesn't perform up to those same standards, his status cacan only go down. Thus, Kyrie doesn't have as much incentive to come back if he's less than 100%. Of course, he wants to play and contribute with a chance for a national championship, but we can't deny that his father and others might also consider how him playing at not 100% might affect his future prospects. In any event, thought it was an interesting point coming from Jay.
    This is 100% true but I think we are speaking of a kid who loves to play basketball, loves his teammates and loves Duke. He is a competitve guy and wants to be out on the floor to win. Kyrie knows he is going to the NBA and the NBA will be there for him whenever he decides. Duke is only there for a few years in his life. Duke is now and he knows there is a chance to win a NC. Noone can ever take that away from you. LeBron has not won a championship, I bet there are days in his life he wished he went to college and won a championship. Especially after he saw how great Coach K is.

The problem is it may not be Kyrie's decision to make. It may come down to what his father says. If it is up to Kyrie, we will see him again in a Duke uniform. Add in the lockout possibility and Austin Rivers coming in next season and the injury. This could all add up to another year of Kyrie at Duke. IMHO.
    The Terrapin Assassin