Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1785
    Quote Originally Posted by Farn View Post
    What comes first: the NBA Draft Lottery (where we find out who gets the #1 pick) or the day that underclassmen can take their names out of the draft?

Basically can Kyrie see who has the #1 pick before he decides whether to stay or go?
    April 24th is the declaration date. May 17 is the lottery date. I think after April 24th you only have about two weeks to work out for teams then withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by loldevilz View Post
    I have it on good source that Kyrie is practicing. I believe that he will get cleared to play very soon. It will up to him and his family to decide. I really hope that he understands that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that he is passing up. The NBA will be there, the money will be there. I hope that he realizes that he has a chance to make a national championship run before leaving.
    Really? I'll beleive that when I see it.

As much as I'd like to see him play this season, but only if he's 100% healthy. I think as spectators sometimes we take an athlete's health for granted.

BlueDevilNation Mark Watson
    Kryrie Irving visited a doctor in Charlotte today and he is doing well and will move on to the next level of rehab, meaning on the court.
    22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/03/kyrie-irving-update/

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    BlueDevilNation Mark Watson
    Kryrie Irving visited a doctor in Charlotte today and he is doing well and will move on to the next level of rehab, meaning on the court.
    22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/03/kyrie-irving-update/
    Kyrie is turning into the girl I thought I was done with...

I thought I was certain that I wouldn't see him again this year and I had moved on with my life. Now, here i am getting dragged back in.

The word "rehab" does stick out to me, though...

Quote from BDN:

He has got the okay to resume basketball related practices. Krzyzewski said “He is not in our cross hairs,” with concern to his return this season. Irving has now visited Dr, Anderson twice during the healing process and he is now out of the walking boot for good. The timeline of the season and healing will likely keep Irving out for the year but Krzyzewski stopped short of saying he was done for sure. For what it is worth, Dr. Anderson was the one who recommended that Irving not have surgery.

No reason to think anything other than him being shut down for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by devildad12 View Post
    Quote from BDN:

He has got the okay to resume basketball related practices. Krzyzewski said “He is not in our cross hairs,” with concern to his return this season. Irving has now visited Dr, Anderson twice during the healing process and he is now out of the walking boot for good. The timeline of the season and healing will likely keep Irving out for the year but Krzyzewski stopped short of saying he was done for sure. For what it is worth, Dr. Anderson was the one who recommended that Irving not have surgery.

No reason to think anything other than him being shut down for the year.

???

Not sure I agree with you on that since Krzyzewski stopped short of saying he was done for sure. Guess I am a glass half full kind of guy.

This is very good news. Being cleared for practice probably means The Toe is deemed ready for pushing off, cutting, jumping, landing, etc.

As for Coach K's related comment regarding Kyrie, Coach K is going to continue emphasizing that the team is not, in any way, focusing on Kyrie returning until the moment it becomes a certainty that he will. I'd keep hammering home that point too, if I were him. You've got a legit national championship contender gearing up for post-season play, and the last thing you want is your players losing focus at all on speculation that their superstar freshman PG may return. Keep practicing, preparing, and focusing as if he won't. Therefore, I don't take any significance to K's comment that he's "not in our cross-hairs", other than that it tells me K isn't yet certain he will (or won't) return.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/03/kyrie-irving-update/ I am gathering more information but KI has been cleared to resume most basketball duties but will come along slowly. It will likely be after the ACC T befor a firm decision is made.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    As for Coach K's related comment regarding Kyrie, Coach K is going to continue emphasizing that the team is not, in any way, focusing on Kyrie returning until the moment it becomes a certainty that he will. I'd keep hammering home that point too, if I were him. You've got a legit national championship contender gearing up for post-season play, and the last thing you want is your players losing focus at all on speculation that their superstar freshman PG may return. Keep practicing, preparing, and focusing as if he won't. Therefore, I don't take any significance to K's comment that he's "not in our cross-hairs", other than that it tells me K isn't yet certain he will (or won't) return.
    Honestly, given K's usual handling of such questions it's tempting to take it as saying just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/03/kyrie-irving-update/ I am gathering more information but KI has been cleared to resume most basketball duties but will come along slowly. It will likely be after the ACC T befor a firm decision is made.
    Wouldn't it be a bit risky to have Kyrie see his first game action in the NCAAT? If he or the team has any trouble adjusting to his return, it could end our season rather abruptly. I would hope that he could at least see some time on the floor during the ACCT. I know it's important to coach K and team to win the ACCT but the national championship is the ultimate goal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    This is very good news. Being cleared for practice probably means The Toe is deemed ready for pushing off, cutting, jumping, landing, etc.

Agree. It would be presumptuous for the coaching staff to publicly state Duke's participation past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Coupling that fact with the unknown timeline for Kyrie's court related rehab process (due to little experience with this type of injury) yields the latest statement from the basketball office.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieinSoCal View Post
    Wouldn't it be a bit risky to have Kyrie see his first game action in the NCAAT? If he or the team has any trouble adjusting to his return, it could end our season rather abruptly. I would hope that he could at least see some time on the floor during the ACCT. I know it's important to coach K and team to win the ACCT but the national championship is the ultimate goal, right?
    I totally agree. The ACC tournament seems like the ideal time to bring him back. You have a full week to get him adjusted and work out kinks. Of course, I would be happy to have him back for the NCAA tournament even if it means that will be his first game back. As bad as it sounds, the NCAA tournament could work because of the week long break between weekend games.

The truth is I really believe that we need Irving back. One reason that occurred to me today is that Duke was so much better on the defensive boards before Irving left because Duke could give those long outlet passes to Irving and Smith, so teams couldn't crash the glass.

He really affects the game in so many ways that we need him back in any (healthy) form.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
    Agree. It would be presumptuous for the coaching staff to publicly state Duke's participation past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Coupling that fact with the unknown timeline for Kyrie's court related rehab process (due to little experience with this type of injury) yields the latest statement from the basketball office.
    Yes. It seems likely, based on what we are now hearing, that whether Kyrie is ready to play again this season may depend completely on how long Duke's season runs--and even then, they won't know until they know.

As for whether it would be risky to insert Kyrie into the lineup only in the NCAAT, well, sure--but I guess if that he is ready and that is an option, we have to rely on the coaches to know whether it's a good idea for him to play or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    As for whether it would be risky to insert Kyrie into the lineup only in the NCAAT, well, sure--but I guess if that he is ready and that is an option, we have to rely on the coaches to know whether it's a good idea for him to play or not.
    If we lose in the tourney it wont be because of Kyrie/chemistry issues. It will prolly be because of cold shooting and if anything, inserting Kyrie into the line-up would only help create open looks for Curry, Smith, Singler and easy buckets for the Plumlees.

Wink Don't forget...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    If we lose in the tourney it wont be because of Kyrie/chemistry issues. It will prolly be because of cold shooting and if anything, inserting Kyrie into the line-up would only help create open looks for Curry, Smith, Singler and easy buckets for the Plumlees.
    Hi,

Coach K has often mentioned that part of what made Kyrie so valuable didn't even happen in the "games," but in the practices because they would be able to go 5 on 5 scholarship players. I think he used the words "most spirited" practices that they've had in a long time.

The coaches will get an idea of how Kyrie fits in during practice. They aren't just going to throw him to the wolves. The longer we are in the tournament, the longer Mr. Irving gets to practice. Just think if Kyrie can "just" help the team from say the Sweet 16 (If we are able to get that far) on!

GO DUKE!

Just my .02

A "resumption of basketball activities" plus 1 week...good chance he plays in ACC Tourney
    A "resumption of basketball activities" plus 2 weeks (and no significant setbacks)...Kyrie will play in NCAA tournament 1st round.

My opinion

I think now that kyrie has been cleared to practice, ultimately the optimal scenario for duke will play out. I truly don't think either kyrie/coaches/parents/teammates know right now whether he play for them or not. Thus the mystery and confusion. It will all lie in his performance in practice. I never bought into the concept of him being shut down for the draft. He has to want to play and it prob kills him that he will never see the court for acc play.
    As fans we are dying to see him play again. BUT we want the same kyrie we saw. If in the next two weeks he is 60 percent the same player, we won't see him again. And though we wil never really know it, it's best for us fans to never see that version of him. They all will know, it wil be obvious he shouldn't return. But, if in the same amount of time, he's back in practice breaking ankles, putting on a show: basically back to being kyrie---then no way we don't see him. In no way would we simply be caring for him as he prepares for the draft, while he practices with teammates getting ready for the biggest games of their lives. I think today's announcement was all i needed to hear to know that ultimately we will see him if he's really kyrie. Otherwise he would simply be working on the side. Working drills with trainers/managers in a non team setting. He's a part of the team again. We see him play if he's back to himself. Case closed.

When asked a question about Kyrie today at the Blue Devil Club luncheon, one of the coaches stated Kyrie had not started/was not practicing with the team. So that news is from midday today. The update from BDN is encouraging however.

"doctor in charlotte?"

what happened to Duke Medical???

Timeline for recovery

When talking to my PT (also a fellow Duke fan), he said that he assumed that Kyrie would be in a boot doing controlled rehab for 4 weeks after getting his cast remoed. He was right on the money because I believe that Kyrie got his cast removed on 2/4 and today is 4 weeks from that day.

Now that he is clear to do basketball-related activities, I would assume that you give him two weeks to work his way into game shape. That may put him available to play in the first week of the tournament.

I assume we wouldn't play him in a game situation without some full practices - and it may be tough to do that during the first weekend of the tournament depending on whether we play Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday in the first week.

Assuming we get to the second weekend, I think we see Kyrie on the court. If I am right and we win a national championship - I want the first "Order has been maintained" shirt.