Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

VOTE for KYLE - Lowe's Senior Class Award

I didn't see this anywhere, but mods feel free to move.

Let's get those votes in for Kyle!

Link

Too bad Nolan isn't on there, too. Nolan carries himself with a lot of class.

Kyle is currently in second place behind Lighty. Vote, vote vote!

Voted for Mr Singler, twice.

Do your civic Duke duty and vote people!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Also, Jasmine Thomas is on the women's ballet, where she currently has a big lead. If this has already been posted somewhere on DBR, my apologies; I didn't see it.
    http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote...tball_2010-11/
    Last edited by MCFinARL; 01-26-2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling

BUMP

Don't forget to vote today!
    Kyle is in 2nd place but drastically behind David Lighty.

Nolan

Why can't we have a write in or other and vote for Nolan?

Quote Originally Posted by matts83 View Post
    Why can't we have a write in or other and vote for Nolan?
    Check out their About section for the voting process.
    According to their site, it says:
    The Senior CLASS AwardŽ recognizes these student-athletes for great achievement during competition and in their community while staying in school.
    I know Kyle does community service work back home with his basketball tournament along with the normal Duke community service work that the entire team participates in. Does Nolan do anything like that? I know I have read a few articles on Kyle's tournament, but honestly can't remember if I've seen anything for Nolan (and that's not a knock on Nolan).
    I think the reason Kyle was selected was because of that, but I'm not sure.

Guys and gals, the Ohio State fans have come out in force - David Lighty now has 27% of the votes, and Kyle is in third (also trailing Matt Howard). We may not have the voting power of tOSU, but we can do better than this. You can vote every day - let's get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Guys and gals, the Ohio State fans have come out in force - David Lighty now has 27% of the votes, and Kyle is in third (also trailing Matt Howard). We may not have the voting power of tOSU, but we can do better than this. You can vote every day - let's get on it!
    I wonder if it's "frowned upon" to use the student computers in my classroom to vote for Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    I know Kyle does community service work back home with his basketball tournament along with the normal Duke community service work that the entire team participates in. Does Nolan do anything like that? I know I have read a few articles on Kyle's tournament, but honestly can't remember if I've seen anything for Nolan (and that's not a knock on Nolan).
    I think the reason Kyle was selected was because of that, but I'm not sure.
    Nolan does a lot for his community in Maryland, including helping out at basketball camps, taking high school basketball players under his wing, and just being an amazing model citizen. He may not have a basketball camp with his name on it, but he does a lot for the community.

I think the reason that Nolan isn't listed is because you only have 1 senior per school and Kyle was the pre-season NPOY (and hence gets more recognition).

If that is the case, then the system doesn't work. You need to have Nolan's name in that list.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Nolan does a lot for his community in Maryland, including helping out at basketball camps, taking high school basketball players under his wing, and just being an amazing model citizen. He may not have a basketball camp with his name on it, but he does a lot for the community.

I think the reason that Nolan isn't listed is because you only have 1 senior per school and Kyle was the pre-season NPOY (and hence gets more recognition).

If that is the case, then the system doesn't work. You need to have Nolan's name in that list.
    Thanks so much for that info! I hope I didn't come across as knocking Nolan; I just truly hadn't read anything about his community work. I tend to follow Kyle a little bit more, which is why know a little more about what he's done. I also think ESPN or one of the game broadcasts ran a little segment on Kyle's camp.

I do agree Nolan should be a candidate. He has been nothing but exceptional in all aspects.

Jasmine Thomas now down to sixth in the women's balloting--if you go to vote for Kyle the chance to vote for Jasmine too is just a click away!

Bump

Vote early, vote often, vote for Kyle and Jaz.

People, Kyle is in 5th. 5th. He's even trailing Tyrel Reed. This is inexcusable. Get in there and vote. (and vote for Jasmine, too)

Bump again

Kyle has more votes than Jimmer Fredette, but he's still WAY behind.

Vote from all your available computers.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I just entered my votes for Kyle and Jasmine. Please remember to vote for both each day!

Vote now! Vote often!

Early in the voting, both Kyle and Jasmine were doing well. Now, there are 5 people ahead of Jasmine (she has 10%), and there are three ahead of Kyle (he has 10%). David Lightly of OSU has a BIG lead, but Matt Howard is ahead of Kyle!!! You remember him, the guy who "picked" Kyle to the floor at the end of last year's National Championship game!

There are a lot of good players, folks, but PLEASE... we can't have Kyle beaten by Howard! We've got the hardware, now Kyle and Jasmine need our votes!
    DukeDevilDeb

Sunday Bump

Jasmine is currently one of seven players between 11 and 14.4%. With the voting that close, it's your chance to make a difference...