Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 92, NCSU 78 Post-Game Thread

Discuss...
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Excellent game tonight. And very nice to see Coach K's hug for Miles at the end of the game. Hopefully this game will be a big confidence boost for him.

REALLY liked seeing that big hug from Coach to Miles. He was grinning from ear to ear!

I hope his confidence is back and the Plumlee brothers' swagger is here to stay!

Great all around game from the entire team! We had a few mental lapses, but we punched 'em right back every time they jabbed.

Take a look at the box score and see what our front-court of MP1, MP2, Kelly, and Hairston (a little bit) just did to State at both ends of the court. It was a whoopin'.

I was just happy to see solid play across the board in a place where we lost big last year. Especially inside, we don't need 25 and 10 from someone like Mason against Marquette, but getting solid play from everyone is huge.

The awful start to the 2nd half turned a potential blowout into a game. Duke took State's best shot and still dictated the game. Good all around effort from the team, our bigs, Tyler and Seth (despite the silly fouls) Dre in the 1st half, Kyle second half, Nolan all game, and I think Josh is close to making the rotation similar to the minutes Ryan got last year.

Standing Ovation

I just have to say that was by far the most enjoyable game to watch post-Kyrie. This is definitely the most complete game we've had all season with every scholarship player getting valuable minutes and even scoring. Loved the Plumlee's effort and was pleasantly surprised when K finally put them both in together. I will go to sleep a happy man tonite.

Fantastic

Nice to get an ACC road win. Great to see the bigs (especially Miles) having a great game and denying State everything inside in the first half. Great contributions from everyone. Solid team win. The team looks a lot stronger than it did last week.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqua's Finest View Post
    I just have to say that was by far the most enjoyable game to watch post-Kyrie. This is definitely the most complete game we've had all season with every scholarship player getting valuable minutes and even scoring. Loved the Plumlee's effort and was pleasantly surprised when K finally put them both in together. I will go to sleep a happy man tonite.
    Well-said.

It was Miles' night, but you could rave abourt a bunch of players. And loved seeing Josh and Tyler get some significant minutes at significant times of the game.

Very good coaching, too. ;>

It is really exciting to see Miles and Mason step up (not to mention Ryan Kelly!). Really great game.

It's great to see everybody on this team is making progress. I think if they continue to grow, they will be most definitely ready for the NCAA.

HUGE games from MP1, MP2 and Kelly. They all played very well tonight.

I'm hoping tonight was the moment where it all clicked like it did for Zoubs last year at about this time.

Best Post-KI Injury Game for our guys

This was a GREAT game for our guys. I thought we did a really great job on offense and defense. Everyone was working together well and contributing. Everyone scored in some fashion. Nolan was simply Nolan - always coming to play. Kyle picked it up in the 2nd half with some shots and drives to the basket. The Plumlees and Ryan were awesome! I'm so proud of Miles play tonight. That hug between Miles and K was special! Mason was blocking or altering everything. Ryan was great with the 3's. Dre's early points helped us get going. Curry had some nice shots. Josh had a nice jumper. Tyler fouled out, but had a steal, drew 2 fouls, and went 2 for 2 with 5 points total. Just awesome...and ON THE ROAD!!!

what a thoroughly satisfying win. There was something to like from everyone and a lot to love from Miles and Mason as well as Ryan. TT played a solid game with 5pts on 1 FGA, Seth and Dre with a nice 8 apiece, Josh hit a jumper in the lane, and even Singler warmed up by the end of the game. Nolan turned in another NPOY-type game.
    Great to get so many great contributions from the entire team. Sweet.

That game just felt right. Lots of guys played. Role players stepped up. Very satisfying victory.

Unofficially the Plumlees and Kelly combined for 29 points, 26 rebounds, 8 blocks, and only 4 fouls. That's really good work. It's really nice to see each of them play pretty well in the same game.

Singler had a rough first half but really came on down the stretch. And a very solid performance by Smith yet again.

The defense could have been better at times, but all in all it was a very nice comfortable win on the road in the ACC. I'm pleased.

Lots of positives

Mason in particular but also Ryan and Miles had really energetic and positive games. Blocking shots, rebounding and scoring when they had opportunities. I haven't seen the box scores, but it had to be big.

Nolan had his usual great game while Kyle really was off for the first half and a part of the second half before coming on strongly toward the end. I also liked what Andre did early on in the game, finding ways to score other than from the 3 point line/

I thought Tyler played well taking charges and handling well. Seth scored 8 but I wasn't a fan of his defense tonight.

With what we saw tonight, we could easily be a much better team in the second half of the ACC. Getting distribution of points and a strong contribution from our inside players will make us a real threat into the tournament.

State was good too.

Great to see the way the whole team played, and especially the emergence of our bigs. Miles will get my vote for MOTM, but I thought 5 of our team played very well.

And I want to say how impressed I was with State. I think their freshmen are very good and I shall look forward to seeing them play again.

Excellent overall game. Thought Kelly played a very good game- he was very confident shooting and rebounding. Miles' best game in a long long time- keeping it simple. Mason was a monster in the lane- 6 blocks, 9 boards and several key putbacks- that is how he needs to play. Singler should really never shoot the ball until there is game pressure- he plays much better when he gets a chance to put a team away. Nolan was his usual great self and got good contributions from the rest of the team. K made this game fun for the team- played everyone - and they responded. The team was much more relaxed out there. Best effort in a long while.

Mr. Negative here to say:

Awesome game. I think i'm going to abstain from the MotM thread...I think Miles, Mason and Ryan all deserve MotM together.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est