Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    That said, there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever in my mind that Tyler Hansbrough is a better college basketball player than Josh McRoberts.
    This may belong in another thread, but there is (virtually) no doubt in my mind that Josh McRoberts will be a better NBA basketball player than Tyler Hansbrough.

Too bad Duke uses college players... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    If it's not arguable, then why argue it? Different circumstances, different abilities, different everything. I never said Josh was a better college player, did I? I do think Josh is a more complete player, just not as good of a scorer. I think those skills can allow him to get better and better. I've given my opinion of Hans, but I think his ceiling is lower. If he can score like that in the league, great, and I'll be impressed. But if he can't, what else will he bring to the table? In a year or two of getting stronger and working on things, Josh has a chance to be really good. Gee, by then he'll be the age Hans is now. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is that it was not a mistake to bring Josh to Duke. I enjoyed watching him and I think he could have been an all-timer if he'd stayed 4 years.
    I agree with this post much more. With Josh's skill set he certainly can develop into a much better player. His ceiling is definitely higher. And, like you, I enjoyed watching him play and am glad he came here.

Echo that.

josh vs. tyler

Josh 2 biggest weaknesses are:

1)no jumpshot
    2)crappy attitude

I dont think Josh ever took the program seriously.
    It looked to me like he was more concerned with looking cool than winning.

Hansborough would walk thru fire to get a rebound. Gotta love his take no prisoners attitude

Well, there you have it. You've got to appreciate an insider's knowledge and expertise. My only regret is that it's his first post. Where have you been all my life?

saigon...and you?

Well, thanks for your service. That hardly gives you the credibility to say what you did, however. I'll take a guy who cares about winning as much as he does any day of the week. As far as "taking the program seriously", how can you say that about a kid who risked top 5 status not once, but twice because he wanted to play and win at Duke so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Well, thanks for your service. That hardly gives you the credibility to say what you did, however. I'll take a guy who cares about winning as much as he does any day of the week. As far as "taking the program seriously", how can you say that about a kid who risked top 5 status not once, but twice because he wanted to play and win at Duke so badly?
    I wouldn't say Josh risked top 5 status twice. I don't know how early they had him going coming out of high school but after his fresh year they said he was prolly a lottery pick.

Just because it's someones first post doesn't mean they have no credibilty. However in his case he didn't really have a good arguement.

I think Josh looked a little lost at Duke during his freshman year, not quite able to fit in with Shel and, in the tradition of Duke big men, getting into ridiculous foul trouble early and often.

Last year, I don't think that was the case at all. I thought he was easily the team's MVP, though I also have to concede that isn't saying much compared to what we've come to expect.