Marketing A blog

I've just started a blog on history, worldview, the question of God and man, etc.. and need some help getting the word out beyond my sphere of influence. Anyone have expertise in this area that can lend me some pointers? Thanks.

Crickets

Was it that bad of a post that nobody wants to help! )

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtDevil View Post
    Was it that bad of a post that nobody wants to help! )
    I have no expertise to help, but would be interested in reading it. Link?

The more links to your site, the better. SEO is key. Perhaps look if there is a community of similar blogs (topic-wise) that link to each other after each post (as readers seek similar posts), which can lead to more traffic to your site and also up you on the google charts.

Link

Thanks guys! the link to the blog is

http://www.milligangat.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    The more links to your site, the better. SEO is key. Perhaps look if there is a community of similar blogs (topic-wise) that link to each other after each post (as readers seek similar posts), which can lead to more traffic to your site and also up you on the google charts.
    I was going to respond yesterday but stuff got in the way. I would agree with Bluedog. I've been running a soccer blog for years (Life in 1-1-8 if you want to read it!) and had a personal blog for about 8 years. I used to house both on Blogger.com but wouldn't get very many hits. After I shut down my personal blog, I focused on my soccer blog and getting the readership up. One thing I did was move the blog to a website that focuses on soccer--the biggest soccer website there is, BigSoccer.com. Doing that helped tons. Now, I'm trying to get to the point where I post pretty regularly, but I also got the chance to contribute to a national soccer blog, The Shin Guardian. I started doing articles for that website on a particular niche topic that they didn't cover but I had some experience in following.

So, I'd agree to find websites that have forums where people discuss similar topics to you (just like coming here if your blog was about Duke Basketball) and contribute to the discussion regularly. When in the course of commenting about something that would make a link to your blog appropriate, do it. And, if they host blogs, I would highly recommend moving yours there. It would solicit far more views and responses from the type of crowd you're aiming to reach.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA