• Seth Curry

13 5.04%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

127 49.22%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I went with Seth for a couple reasons:

1) He was the one to break us out of the shooting slump in the 2nd half with a couple huge shots.

2) While TT's defense was more notable, Sdot had one HUGE steal at one point and also played solid D while in.

While Tyler had a great game with some huge moments, I wouldn't say he was more valuable than Seth, whose scoring in the second was huge.

And Seth was not as valuable as Kyle, who scored some TOUGH tough buckets down low and hit some huge threes.

Therefore, Kyle.

MOTM

No brainer it was Kyle with a double/double and he played good defense on a night that Nolan was a little off(still played very good). But Tyler and Seth were difference makers tonight. On a night where points were hard to come by Seth gave us 12 points that could were the difference. Then Tyler comes in and gives us some needed energy and defense on a night that Andre struggled on defense. Without those two coming through for us, we probably lose this game. Go Duke!

An incredible 4 steals by Tyler Thornton! With his defense he completely changed the flow of the game and allowed Duke to build a lead.

I voted for Tyler (although Kyle's the man as always).

As stated by several, Tyler's energy completely changed the flow of the game. I still think that charge against Williams was one of the key plays, if not THE play, down the stretch to secure the W.

Great job, Tyler. I think he will get more minutes in ACC play; his on-ball defense was pretty impressive tonight!

I voted for Tyler, with Curry being a close second, and Kyle being a close third. Tyler just made some great plays that really changed the trajectory of the game. When K inserted TT and Seth into the lineup, we went on a 11-0 run (I think) and there's a reason for that. TT came up with some huge defensive plays, including 4 steals, a great runner in the lane, steady dribbling, and hustle ball to get a jump ball. Seth also was huge with some flush shots. I mean, also I want to spread the love around a bit, and I think people are overlooking Tyler. I think he's going to be a great player for us and is a lot better than people think. He was named DC player of the year for a reason. TT is my MOTM!

Kyle was our best player overall tonight, but Tyler changed the game. We went from a team trying to catch Maryland to a team Maryland was trying to catch. I'm voting for the game changer.

4 steals in limited PT plus 2 charges drawn and multiple other plays where he really bothered some guys with his defense. He lit a fire when he came in in the 2nd half...I think the game was getting away from us and Tyler's energy brought us back. Gotta give it to him.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Kyle was big and on most any other night I vote for him with a 25 and 10 night, but Tyler Thornton changed that game big time and he gets my vote tonight. I am not sure we win if K does not gamble and go with Tyler there. It took his play to get the others going. Seth came up big during that critical stretch as well.

This game will do wonders for Tyler's confidence and will earn him some more minutes as well. I am really happy for him. The crowd gave him a standing O several times. Well deserved.

P.S. Another horrible game by the zebra's. At one point in the 2nd Half Duke had 8 Fouls and Maryland only had 3. The walk called on Seth when he got knocked down in the trap, and the foul call on Andre a few seconds later when the Terp guard lost control of the ball and fell were just terrible calls.

Vote for Kyler Thornler? Or Kyler Sington?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Kyle. And for a while in the first I thought it would be nobody. Tyler was awesome though, congrats to him for once again making the most of his minutes. He's the type of player I'm going to have fun following for four years. He's the type of player that Duke needs to be champions.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    My vote goes to Tyler Thornton. Duke was struggling on defense so Coach Krzyzewski inserted Thornton into the line-up and played him major minutes. Thornton changed the flow of the game in Duke's favor.
    Agree! I had a perfect angle of Tyler Thornton's, IMO, play of the game. Terps were down by five. Williams got a rebound and was going up for a three foot put back when Tyler came in a took the ball right out of his hands. Maryland was on a roll at the time and it was beautiful. Have not seen the recorded game, so do not not how this play came across on TV. It was BIG!!!!

Tyler

38-32 when Ty (and Seth) came in and Duke had not scored in a while. I was sitting behind the scorer's table and Ty just brought energy to the team and to the crowd. I'm not sure we win the game without him.

Singler played great, but I went with Mr. Thornton.

Kyle's points and defense kept us in the game. He also broke out of his mini shooting "slump".
    But Tyler's insertion into the game was the difference. Huge props to Coach K as well. Who
    Else would have thought to put Tyler into the game at that point. A really good win when
    things were going against them.

If not for Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    While Tyler had a great game with some huge moments, I wouldn't say he was more valuable than Seth, whose scoring in the second was huge.

And Seth was not as valuable as Kyle, who scored some TOUGH tough buckets down low and hit some huge threes.

Therefore, Kyle.
    in the first half, Kyle pretty much kept us in the game and the put back just before the half was big. I know Tyler played a very very good game, but so did Seth. We really needed those 12 points. Seth also played good defense. What's the outcome if Kyle does not have his huge game? Kyle is MOTM.

I voted for Seth, partly because I saw soooo many votes for Kyle and Tyler and felt Seth deserved some love.

For all the folks saying that Tyler changed the tone of the game when he came in early in the 2nd half, it is worth noting that Thornton came in along with Seth Curry. While Tyler was making it happen on the defensive end, Seth was doing the same for our lackluster offense. Seth scored 12 points, all in the second half. He was our leading scorer in the second half, which is a huuuge thing in a close game like this.

So, your MOTM vote may depend on whether you think Duke needed those 4 steals or those 12 points more tonight. Personally, in a game where we really struggled to score, I'll go with the points over the D (though Seth played some fine D too).

I do agree that Kyle had a very good game, but we expect him to put up upper-teens to low-20s in points and something around 7-10 rebounds. He hit the upper end of those expectations, but it was Tyler and Seth who vastly exceeded expectations on a day where Nolan, Ryan, Mason, and Andre were largely stinking up the joint.

-Jason "Nolan had 18, 7, and 8... and he stunk -- that's unreal!!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I voted for Seth, partly because I saw soooo many votes for Kyle and Tyler and felt Seth deserved some love.

For all the folks saying that Tyler changed the tone of the game when he came in early in the 2nd half, it is worth noting that Thornton came in along with Seth Curry. While Tyler was making it happen on the defensive end, Seth was doing the same for our lackluster offense. Seth scored 12 points, all in the second half. He was our leading scorer in the second half, which is a huuuge thing in a close game like this.

So, your MOTM vote may depend on whether you think Duke needed those 4 steals or those 12 points more tonight. Personally, in a game where we really struggled to score, I'll go with the points over the D (though Seth played some fine D too).

I do agree that Kyle had a very good game, but we expect him to put up upper-teens to low-20s in points and something around 7-10 rebounds. He hit the upper end of those expectations, but it was Tyler and Seth who vastly exceeded expectations on a day where Nolan, Ryan, Mason, and Andre were largely stinking up the joint.

-Jason "Nolan had 18, 7, and 8... and he stunk -- that's unreal!!" Evans
    I'm doing the +/- right now and this is only partially correct. At first Thornton and Smith came in together. After that, K alternated the two of them...TT while on D, then putting Curry back in for O.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

I went with Thornton as well. I almost changed my mind after the late game free throws, but his energy was huge and he made some impressive plays. What a nice surprise!

I just...

love all of these guys. The bench is fantastic, the starters are awesome, and K...well, he can turn it on when necessary (and it was necessary). Thornton had his night in the sun and he deserved it. But Curry and Dre were super contributors too.
    You got to love it!

P.S. Gary is a hell of a coach; Maryland will come on strong the rest of the season.

Thumbs up It's easy

How could it be that Tyler Thornton is the man of the match when you look at the boxscore? When you see Kyle's stats you'd think it has to be him. While Tyler's 4 steals show up, nothing else does. But no. My vote has to go to Tyler because without his incredible defensive spark and all around energy that changed the entire flow of the game, we just plain lose.

ricks