Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    What's a tibula? is that a hybrid between the tibia and the fibula? sort of a mutation that fuses the lower leg bones? I feel sorry for him if that's the case...
    Ha ha ha. You got me. I was typing faster than my brain was thinkg so I guess some words were fused together. I was being threatened by my better half for not letting the dog out as requested so I was under some heat to get that message sent.

Regarding the title of this thread....why in the devil would we want to give UVa any bulletin board material for their locker room?

My gosh, this team is incredibly well coached, significantly injured, and playing as hard as a team can play. If Mike Scott comes back and/or their other key players get healthier, they are going to beat some good teams this year.

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    Regarding the title of this thread....why in the devil would we want to give UVa any bulletin board material for their locker room?
    Because posters love to start new threads and everyone loves to complain when the Mods merge threads. There is no reason for this thread to even exist as the whole discussion could be taking place in the The 2nd best team in the ACC (a group project) thread.

I really wish posters would look at all the existing threads to see if their "new" topic fits into an ongoing discussion before starting a new thread.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Because posters love to start new threads and everyone loves to complain when the Mods merge threads. There is no reason for this thread to even exist as the whole discussion could be taking place in the The 2nd best team in the ACC (a group project) thread.

I really wish posters would look at all the existing threads to see if their "new" topic fits into an ongoing discussion before starting a new thread.
    But then we'd have to start a thread/poll titled: The 2nd Worst team in the ACC, a Group Project.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Definitely doesn't do our resume any favors. Those were our signature wins, but now it's looking like maybe those teams were overrated. Thankfully, we should be able load up enough wins in the ACC this year that it won't make any difference in terms of seeding.
    Maybe? How about definitely? Pomeroy and Gasaway were all over M & K State both being way overrated from the start of the season. Truth be told, we have no signature wins. We haven't played any of the 20 or so best teams in the country yet. But that changes tomorrow. Never thought I'd be glad to see the Terps, but I'm looking forward to some real competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Maybe? How about definitely? Pomeroy and Gasaway were all over M & K State both being way overrated from the start of the season. Truth be told, we have no signature wins. We haven't played any of the 20 or so best teams in the country yet. But that changes tomorrow. Never thought I'd be glad to see the Terps, but I'm looking forward to some real competition.
    I was just trying not to spin it too negatively. But yes, KSU and MSU definitely seem to be overrated. I'm still not sold on Maryland yet as one of the top-20 teams in the country As Gasaway notes, their resume is close losses and then beating up on awful teams. Hopefully the Terps won't give me reason to change my opinion tonight.