Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    you're kidding, right? this guy was a beast in the post....
    I kid you not. He looks too "mechanical" to me.

And I'd bet he doesn't have much of a standing or running vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I kid you not. He looks too "mechanical" to me.

And I'd bet he doesn't have much of a standing or running vertical.
    But you don't want to foul him.

Watching this clip, can go to the hoop, use his left hand and has a follow-through that looks very similar to Kyle's. Hope he enjoys the Maryland game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0jvZkRA7X0

Just my opinion, but the Singler comparison isn't very good to me. I believe Singler at that point in his career (hs senior) was more of a 4 than a 3. He has slowly progressed into a 3 as he's played the role the last 2 years at Duke. Murphy reminds me a lot more of the Dunleavy mold. His shot looks much more fluid than Singler's and he seems to have a little more explosion at this point. I can't imagine Alex playing much 4 at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqua's Finest View Post
    I believe Singler at that point in his career (hs senior) was more of a 4 than a 3. He has slowly progressed into a 3 as he's played the role the last 2 years at Duke.
    Nope.

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=1260411

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Alex Murphy? This guy?

I'm glad this joke went over better this time. I got no love last time.

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    Watching this clip, can go to the hoop, use his left hand and has a follow-through that looks very similar to Kyle's. Hope he enjoys the Maryland game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0jvZkRA7X0
    LOL, seriously, again, someone wants to use a highlight real to make the statement a guy is good. Have you not learn anything? Let me remind you Boykin, King, etc.

A highlight real is just that, came back once you've seen the guys low light real and make a case for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeimac View Post
    LOL, seriously, again, someone wants to use a highlight real to make the statement a guy is good. Have you not learn anything? Let me remind you Boykin, King, etc.

A highlight real is just that, came back once you've seen the guys low light real and make a case for him.
    Let's see, first did not say in my thread anything about him being good. Read it again. Guess he has ESPN in his back pocket since they have him ranked #6 in his class. We could probably use some more "not so good players". What is Coach K thinking inviting him on campus this weekend. Hear his new strategy is recruiting mediocre players.

Let's keep it civil, folks...

-jk

Thumbs up

Anybody seen Alex around campus this weekend? Eager to hear of any sightings and/or comments from his visit. This is a really big-time player who could make a big impact player who could have a solid impact on the program over the next few years. 'hoping he has an awesone weekend!

So, did Alex Murphy have a good time? Any sightings? Feedback?

Also curious what the new offer to another "SF," 6'6" (2013) Jabari Parker (IL) - albeit a different kind of player - means for our recruitment of Alex Murphy?

Thx.

I saw Alex before the game sitting with Kyrie during the warmups and both grad and undergrad sections got a good "Alex Murphy" cheer going. He laughed a little and turned to Kyrie as if saying...do they always do that??

Watzone has a brief article up on Murphy's visit.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Watzone has a brief article up on Murphy's visit.
    I can't decide from that picture if he has his game face on, or if he is about to do the Sprockets dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHZR9SA5pOg
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

DBR Link

Is it just me, or was watching the video in DBR's link today a little scary? Murphy looks and plays just like Singler! If you had told me that was a video of Singler in high school, I would have believed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Is it just me, or was watching the video in DBR's link today a little scary? Murphy looks and plays just like Singler! If you had told me that was a video of Singler in high school, I would have believed it.
    Same here. Similar look, similar moves. Let's hope he has similar taste in schools.

I agree Alex Murphy does look like Singler in his highlight reel. However, Singler in high school was a much different player, he was probably the most complete player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOrmXKJIbV0
    He's more of a PF that dribbles, shoots like a guard, rebound like a center, and distribute the ball with easy. This is not a knock on Murphy, but Singler's game was more complete back then.

Keep in mind that Alex's Dad and brother are both 6'10" and his brother grew those last couple of inches towards the end of his high school career. We could see a similar growth from Alex in the last two years before he enters college.

The biggest knock on Alex's game is his rebounding and toughness in traffic. He has an excellent handle for a guy his size, a solid outside shot, and a good passer. He's a well-rounded player.

Any school would be lucky to have a versatile talent like Alex...