Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
I was there. Dennis had trimmed down remarkably in the off season and we had brought the twinkies to throw. Dennis did, indeed, pick up a twinkie (one which was still in the wrapper) and ate it. He also accepted a challenge from the crazies to shoot it from near halfcourt in warmups. My memory says he drained it, but I'm not sure about that detail. But, heck, he drained everything else he put up that night, so why not?
That's hilarious! But even then, he didn't necessarily bust his diet. It's calories in, calories out, as far as weight is concerned (not health - weight), and it can't really be any other way.

Dennis Scott was a great outside shooter. I think they had another guy after that who could bomb accurately from deep, but I forgot his name.

Sadly, I went to a home GT game at which Craig "Noodles" Neal had a great shooting game, and they beat us. He taunted the crowd afterward, and let's just say it wasn't received well. We did not like that guy ... of course, it's a lot easier to applaud a great performance by a visiting player when that valiant performance is part of an ultimately losing effort. But even then ... we really didn't like Noodles; I don't think we'd have applauded him even if he got 30/10/10 in a loss.