Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Feels good to really engage and grapple with another team for the first time in a while. Since MSU.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    The real season is underway, and we have LOTS of problems -- some significant, most less so -- to resolve NOW; Maryland come to Cameron in a week and Gary will exploit these weaknesses, if we repeat them.
    Lots of red flags going up.

Andre looks VERY good, though.

I never want us to lose, but I'm not so sure that winning this one is a good thing. I feel like only a couple of guys showed up ready to play. We have to learn from this, if not we are going to be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Lots of red flags going up.

Andre looks VERY good, though.
    I'm always alarmed by double digit leads late in the game during league play

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    The official that made that call appears to have an anti-Duke attitude. He just followed Kelly for 10 steps pointing Miami's direction after he missed an out-of-bounds call that should have gone Duke's way. There's no reason to try to intimidate a player like that. The guy's been a head case all game.
    Carl Hess, is that you?

ok, who wants to confirm

they saw Kyrie flexing his toe through that white sock...I know someone said he had a hard cast on but it sure did look like it was moving like a flex...during that time out at about the 3 minute mark.

The latest "block - charge" fiasco against Duke; this is the third clear miscall in this category.

Anyone notice the closeup of Kyrie's boot on the bench. It looked like he was flexing his toe back and forth inside the sock that the boot was hardened around. I would guess that it had to be his big toe considering that it is almost impossible to flex the rest of your toes independently. If he is at the point where he is flexing his toe back and forth, that surely can't be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke76 View Post
    they saw Kyrie flexing his toe through that white sock...I know someone said he had a hard cast on but it sure did look like it was moving like a flex...during that time out at about the 3 minute mark.
    I saw Kyrie wiggling his toes...which I was able to do when I had a hard cast for my broken ankle. In fact, I was encouraged to move them to help w/rehab.

But, hey, I'll take it as a good sign. At least he can move the toe!

Reggie Johnson is a beast. We're not going to run into too many 6'10" 300 lb guys again, but he's putting up season high numbers against us.

ok that's at least two of

us who saw the toe move...enough to start a new thread over the significance of

Quote Originally Posted by JMarley50 View Post
    I never want us to lose, but I'm not so sure that winning this one is a good thing. I feel like only a couple of guys showed up ready to play. We have to learn from this, if not we are going to be in trouble.
    Singler, Smith and Dawkins a few glimpses of Kelly but that is it.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    I'm always alarmed by double digit leads late in the game during league play
    At home against Miami, maybe you should be. Ostriches are wonderful creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluelemur View Post
    Carl Hess, is that you?
    It's not Hess or the blonde dude. Some guy I haven't seen much. I actually don't have a lot to complain about with Hess this evening.

Frank Haith is a very classy guy. Probably my favorite opposing coach.