Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK, this is just embarrassing.

In case you hadn't heard, erstwhile duke recruit Kris Humphries is "dating" Kim Kardashian. And you will hear about it, because his "team" has hired a publicist "to get his message out." The best part of the story?

"otherwise anonymous New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/K...ey-Nets-122910

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    In case you hadn't heard, erstwhile duke recruit Kris Humphries is "dating" Kim Kardashian. And you will hear about it, because his "team" has hired a publicist "to get his message out." The best part of the story?

"otherwise anonymous New Jersey Nets forward Kris Humphries"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/K...ey-Nets-122910
    Embarrassing for whom?
    Kim may some high mileage on her and is seemingly a bit of a vapid, pop-tart, primadonna in her public persona, but Chis ain't dating her for her knowledge of chess and insightful conversation. She is still Drop Dead Gorgeous.

If her name were Georgette Flemming (I made that up, or at least I think I did) or some other name you had never heard of she wouldn't be any less pretty.

Just in this case we know where that car has been driven.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Embarrassing for whom?
    Kim may some high mileage on her and is seemingly a bit of a vapid, pop-tart, primadonna in her public persona, but Chis ain't dating her for her knowledge of chess and insightful conversation. She is still Drop Dead Gorgeous.

If her name were Georgette Flemming (I made that up, or at least I think I did) or some other name you had never heard of she wouldn't be any less pretty.

Just in this case we know where that car has been driven.
    I don't think dating Kardashian is embarassing. Hiring a PR firm to get your message out (what message?) is the embarassing portion of that story.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

They look alike.

~rthomas

Well, Lamar Odom married a Kardashian -- and has been playing the best ball of his career the last year and a half, so...

Why does he need to pay a publicist? Isn't this kind of thing why we have Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Why does he need to pay a publicist? Isn't this kind of thing why we have Twitter?
    Someone has to write those tweets.

Kourtney's hotter.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    Someone has to write those tweets.
    I was thinking the same thing. So I looked up his Twitter. He has ~5,000 followers. By comparison, his would-be-classmate Luol Deng has ~13,000 followers. Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Kourtney's hotter.
    Probably the first and last time I disagree with what you post

So he's in line after a rapper and a football player. I'm guessing she'll chase either A-Rod or a weatherman next. Or maybe Vladimir Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    So he's in line after a rapper and a football player. I'm guessing she'll chase either A-Rod or a weatherman next. Or maybe Vladimir Putin.
    Maybe Brett has been stexting her?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe Brett has been stexting her?
    That would make my 2011!

Maybe we can monitor Humphries stats pre-Kardashian and post.
    24.9 minutes, 7.8 ppg, 9.2 rpg to date (pun intended).

Speaking of embarrassing, how about Carolina's clock management at the end of the Music City Bowl? I loved it! Too bad the refs let them get away with it. I would think that the penalty should have resulted in a run-off, but I don't know the rules well enough and wasn't paying attention to the commentary.

(I know this is off-topic for the thread, but we didn't need another Carolina thread on the board.)
    Last edited by juise; 12-30-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Kourtney's hotter.
    This marks the first post of yours I have ever disagreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Speaking of embarrassing, how about Carolina's clock management at the end of the Music City Bowl? I loved it! Too bad the refs let them get away with it. I would think that the penalty should have resulted in a run-off, but I don't know the rules well enough and wasn't paying attention to the commentary.
    Even though it went into overtime, that was the worst football game I've seen all year. Both teams should take a loss - no, three losses - for that pathetic display. The college football postseason is such garbage.

I know this will appear curmudgeonly and jaded, but one of the minor (but truly great) things about my life at 64 is knowing fundamentally nothing about either Humphries or Kardashian, and caring even less about such pop culture celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    I know this will appear curmudgeonly and jaded, but one of the minor (but truly great) things about my life at 64 is knowing fundamentally nothing about either Humphries or Kardashian, and caring even less about such pop culture celebrities.
    The Kardashians are kind of like the Gabor sisters. Only different.

Kourtney's hotter.
    ...I never post here really...

...but wow...this post was just ridiculous...I have to speak against this lunacy...

...aren't you supposed to be one of the more knowledgeable posters too?

Kim is like the ice cream cone that you see in a magazine ad. Picture perfect, shined up, not a thing out of place... and plastic.

Kourtney is more... real.