Steve Francis cut... from a Chinese team!!

From the where are they now file... a really pathetic entry on onetime Maryland star Steve Francis--

Francis never seemed to get over the fact that he was more of a sideshow in the Chinese league than an actual on-court asset, which is fair, but the Ducks' coaching staff also never seemed to get over the fact that Francis was completely out of shape and looked ineffective in a league where other NBA washouts like Randolph Morris and Javaris Crittenton can average Jordan-esque statistics.
    --Jason "Steve earned better than $100 million in the NBA-- what is he doing trying to play in China?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    From the where are they now file... a really pathetic entry on onetime Maryland star Steve Francis--

--Jason "Steve earned better than $100 million in the NBA-- what is he doing trying to play in China?" Evans
    This is all part of the Frachise's plan - players based in North Korea pay lower taxes, so he was trying to get out of his Chinese contract.

wow, he's only 33? It seems like he's been out so long that even 33 sounds young for him

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    wow, he's only 33? It seems like he's been out so long that even 33 sounds young for him
    It was not going to be a good stint, given his first appearance off the bench.

792_246861_399476_large.jpg
    http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010...-money-playing
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

He still looks like he's in decent shape, what a weird situation.

I used to be a Steve Francis fan (after he left UMD of course) so I hope he can figure it out, but he has to make a big change mentally before its too late physically.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    He still looks like he's in decent shape, what a weird situation.
    Check out the ice pack on his ankle over his stocks. To his defense the team told him he wasn't going to play, then played him.