Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke vs. Elon Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

The nine day break ends tomorrow when the Elon Phoenix visit Cameron Indoor Stadium. Here is a link to the game notes:

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news/2010...218101607.aspx
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

It's time to discuss the game.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The nine day break ends tomorrow when the Elon Phoenix visit Cameron Indoor Stadium. Here is a link to the game notes:

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news/2010...218101607.aspx
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200

It's time to discuss the game.
    Looking to see if Thornton gets more time with the starters. Duke will show a little rust but after a sloppy few minutes should roll over Elon.

hopefully, it will do the job..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I don't think we'll be that rusty...a week off isn't that bad. Unless you think we'll look rusty because we're still adjusting to playing without Kyrie, in which case probably, but I think signs of that could last all game.

elon game question

I live in Iowa and don't get FSS so I won't be able to watch the game on tv. I realize the game is against Elon and probably the closest thing to a sure win as we will have this year, but does anyone know if the game will be available online anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
    I live in Iowa and don't get FSS so I won't be able to watch the game on tv. I realize the game is against Elon and probably the closest thing to a sure win as we will have this year, but does anyone know if the game will be available online anywhere?
    try atdhe.net

they often have games
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    try atdhe.net

they often have games
    Checked that site...doesn't appear to be on there.

Any other suggestions? Being up here in PA is very frustrating when games are on FSS!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I don't think we'll be that rusty...a week off isn't that bad. Unless you think we'll look rusty because we're still adjusting to playing without Kyrie, in which case probably, but I think signs of that could last all game.
    Not sure if they have the same practice schedule during exams. So it is hard to know. Usually after exams the team is not sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Not sure if they have the same practice schedule during exams. So it is hard to know. Usually after exams the team is not sharp.

Yep, I seem to remember that as well. Its a good thing were playing Elon! Nothing against the Phoenix, but it'll be a nice game to get back into the swing of things after a week off. Im excited to see them on the court again.

Sometimes....

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Checked that site...doesn't appear to be on there.

Any other suggestions? Being up here in PA is very frustrating when games are on FSS!
    ....Espn3 (on-line) has games, give that a try.

dth.

Quote Originally Posted by dukestheheat View Post
    ....Espn3 (on-line) has games, give that a try.

dth.
    While normally a good suggestion, this one is not scheduled to be on ESPN3.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

FSS on Verizon FIOS

I'm not "up here in PA" or in Iowa for that matter--I'm in Arlington, VA and FSS isn't on Verizon Fios. FS Central and Pacific are!

This has always frustrated me. I wish we had the Army of Northern Viriinia to pay FIOS a visit and clue them in as to our whereabouts!

Any suggestions as to how to see the game on TV? I'd even pay! I can't go out to a sports bar because my son and his new fiancee are staying with us. She needs to be educated in Blue Devildom.

channelsurfing.net carries most college games online if they are being broadcast

Richmond FIOS

Visiting the family in Richmond, and I can't find the game on the guide.
    Does anyone know which channel might be carrying the game on FIOS in Richmond?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    I'm not "up here in PA" or in Iowa for that matter--I'm in Arlington, VA and FSS isn't on Verizon Fios. FS Central and Pacific are!

This has always frustrated me. I wish we had the Army of Northern Viriinia to pay FIOS a visit and clue them in as to our whereabouts!

Any suggestions as to how to see the game on TV? I'd even pay! I can't go out to a sports bar because my son and his new fiancee are staying with us. She needs to be educated in Blue Devildom.
    Stinks not living near Durham, doesn't it?

I did an online search for "Duke Elon live stream" and a couple of sites came up, but they are all blocked here at work. I hope at least one of them works!

Maybe this will help. Here's what came up:
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

For what it's worth

There are four Christ School Alums playing tonight. Mason and Miles vs. Sebastian Koch and Lucas Troutman. Sebastian had a good 3pt shot, and Lucas was a good rebounder. Not sure either will get that many minutes. But will be fun to watch. Will be pulling for Duke.

Anyone else trying to watch from further away than Vereeniging, South Africa?

Game is only on FS South and NESN, which is now on Bright House (and presumably Time Warner's) SportsPak - Channel 813 in Tampa BTW.

It is not on FCS (A, C or P) and is not on ESPN3. You can get the game on DirecTV.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Delmer View Post
    There are four Christ School Alums playing tonight. Mason and Miles vs. Sebastian Koch and Lucas Troutman. Sebastian had a good 3pt shot, and Lucas was a good rebounder. Not sure either will get that many minutes. But will be fun to watch. Will be pulling for Duke.
    Lucas got a good bit of pt Friday against Chattanooga, Sebastian has played some but not as much in the last few games as I recall. Keep an eye out for Drew Spradlin (#1) and Jack Eisenberger (#20, freshman...not sure on the spelling there and too hard to go check on this phone when in the middle of a post). Both have shown the ability to put up a lot of points in a few games this season (Drew has in previous seasons as well).

Terrance (#2) has shown signs of being able to drive the lane well but seems to lack the confidence to do it consistantly.

Although they'll likely struggle in all facets against Duke, their biggest weaknesses this year are rebounding/general inside play as well as moving without the ball on offense leading to a lot of poor outside shots.

As far as the inside play, we're terying to replace a big time player in Adam Constantine who graduated last year...in my opinion our best true post player now is Scott Grabel, who is good but has been hampered severely by knee injuries his whole career (you'll notice him immediately, he's the one with the full metal brace on his knee).

Should be a fun game to watch for those of us with Elon ties, I'm in Ohio visiting family so I'm hoping to catch a stream of the game online.

Divided Loyalties

Even though I have been an avid Duke fan for the past 46 years, this is one game I have to pull against Duke, being a member of the Elon class of '76. I also live in the town of Elon and hear all the news regarding Elon sports through the local newspaper. Duke shouldn't have to break a sweat to win. Today, most Elon fans are probably more concerned with the loss of football coach Pete Lembo to Ball State.
    Tom Mac