Elizabeth Edwards dies at 61

Such sad news, she battled it to the end. She also battled a cheater of an ex husband.

My prayers and thoughts are with her kids and family. Plus 61 is still a young age. RIP Elizabeth!

http://www.fox59.com/sns-ap-us-obit-...,3616131.story

RIP Elizabeth Edwards

WRAL broke the story about a half hour ago that Elizabeth Edwards has passed away at 61. This just a day after she announced that her cancer had spread beyond control and that she was stopping her cancer treatments upon the advisement of her doctors. Very sad for her family...she was a woman who exemplified the true meaning of grace under very difficult circumstances.

EDIT: Both of us posted about the same time. Threads merged.

R.I.P. Elizabeth Edwards.

All of this following Jimmy V week.

I hope I get to see the day that we can beat this battle with cancer. Too many lives taken too soon.

A very strong woman. RIP.

An outstanding lady in so many important areas and personal attributes. . . and a role model of ethics, grace, intelligence, dignity, patience and decency for all of us to emulate.

Can someone explain to me why Westboro Baptist is planning to picket her funeral?
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Westboro Baptist is planning to picket her funeral?
    Apparently they believe she was a terrible self-centered sinner who defied God. Here's a news release published by the N&O. http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedi...iliate.156.pdf

It's amazing how much hate and ugly behavior can come from people who claim to be living as people guided by their faith.

Simple

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Because they are scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Apparently they believe she was a terrible self-centered sinner who defied God. Here's a news release published by the N&O. http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedi...iliate.156.pdf

It's amazing how much hate and ugly behavior can come from people who claim to be living as people guided by their faith.
    Holy...

That's just sickening. Its amazing that people would use someone like Elizabeth Edwards in this fashion. I'm trying to think of something else to say, but most of it is 1. inappropriate for the boards, and 2. some things that I'd rather not have people know that I'm thinking.
    Last edited by -jk; 12-09-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: lang
    WWJDD?

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Another example of why the founding fathers limited the right to vote. Free speech can be messy business.

OK, this one's headed PPB. Time to shut it down.

-jk