Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Hurley's injury was to his knee, not his foot.
    I disagree, Hurley broke a bone in his foot:

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-02-..._1_broken-foot
    Bob Green

Wondering?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

Bob didn't Hurley come back fairly quickly from the injury? Seems like he was able to ride a stationary bike during his recovery. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

Hmmm... I wrote the headline (but not the article) in the Chronicle a couple days after the game. For some reason I remember it being "Hurley to miss three weeks with knee injury."

I have the proof from page one of that issue, but it's in storage. As it turns out I have to retrieve something there today or tomorrow; maybe I can dig it up.

Hurley missed four or five full games as I recall. He came back off the bench in a home game against Virginia. That I remember, as I was at that game too.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Bob didn't Hurley come back fairly quickly from the injury? Seems like he was able to ride a stationary bike during his recovery. GoDuke!
    Not Bob, but yes, I think you're correct.

I recall comments that Hurley went at the stationary bike and a stair climber really hard, and informed Coach K after 3 (?) weeks that he was ready to return, well ahead of a normal recovery time.

Hurley was an incredible competitor and clutch player.

Thanks, roywhite

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

I recall comments that Hurley went at the stationary bike and a stair climber really hard, and informed Coach K after 3 (?) weeks that he was ready to return, well ahead of a normal recovery time.

I thought I remembered Bobby coming back quickly from the broken foot. He was one tough player. Hard not to have him on any Duke list. GoDuke!

i think it was grant hill who missed a few games that season due to a knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by fgb View Post
    i think it was grant hill who missed a few games that season due to a knee injury.
    Pretty sure Grant was healthy throughout 1992.

He had a toe injury in 1993 and missed a few games.

Pretty sure Grant was healthy throughout 1992.

He had a toe injury in 1993 and missed a few games.
    I believe it was a high ankle sprain.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1992-02-...1_1_grant-hill

This is the whole reason you never say "special team" & "pefect season" until after the season. You tempted the woof GODS & now I am going to have to ground you all!
    Heal fast Kyrie!

Hmmm... I wrote the headline (but not the article) in the Chronicle a couple days after the game. For some reason I remember it being "Hurley to miss three weeks with knee injury."

I have the proof from page one of that issue, but it's in storage. As it turns out I have to retrieve something there today or tomorrow; maybe I can dig it up.

Hurley missed four or five full games as I recall. He came back off the bench in a home game against Virginia. That I remember, as I was at that game too.
    Unfortunately the Chronicle's online archive only goes back to 1994.

The NY Times goes back much farther though!

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/07/sp...+Hurley&st=nyt

the Blue Devils playmaker, BOBBY HURLEY, also broke a toe in his right foot.

Hurley could be sidelined for three weeks.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/26/sp...irginia&st=nyt

GRANT HILL, a sophomore, hurt his left ankle in practice yesterday and could be sidelined for the Blue Devils' home game tonight against the University of Virginia
    And you're correct that Bobby played against Virginia, coming off the bench:

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/27/sp...irginia&st=nyt

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

He and Bilas "went at it" on a stairmaster for about 3 weeks, each leaving the other a note every time they bested the other's record. IIRC, Bilas eventually won with something like 850+ flights and Hurley knew he was whipped, but Bilas referred to Hurley as a "machine."

Hurley had his 3 week "check-up" with the orthopod and then showed up in K's office with a huge S%i!-eating grin on his face and K knew he was ready to play. The doc had told him he could break the bone again but that playing might actually facilitate the healing with increased movement and blood flow. K wouldn't start him (IIRC, Blakeney moved into the starting line-up and Grant moved to the point. K was "heart-broken" that his PG had "grown" 6-8 inches) but worked him back into the line-up fairly quickly. This is my recall from reading one of K's books about 15 years ago.
    Last edited by devildeac; 12-07-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Well kyrie is out for tommorows game

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The doc had told him he could break the bone again but that playing might actually facilitate the healing with increased movement and blood flow.
    K's response in the post game presser:

"So my goal the whole night was to help that healing process as much as possible," Krzyzewski said.

Official word coming from Duke tmw re: the status of Kyrie's toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Official word coming from Duke tmw re: the status of Kyrie's toe.
    Can't say I'm looking forward to it. The two non-season-ending injuries I fear most for players that thrive on speed and cutting are high ankle sprains and busted toes.

would you like "our" guys to look at that toe? i am sure we would have him healthy before next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    would you like "our" guys to look at that toe? i am sure we would have him healthy before next years draft.
    Thanks, but I think it might be best if your medicial staff kept their leeches and poultices in Orange County.

Without having any inside info, I'm doubting that Kyrie isn't at least going to suit up for K's opportunity to pass Rupp. I'm betting Kyrie really wants to be a part of that history.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Can't say I'm looking forward to it. The two non-season-ending injuries I fear most for players that thrive on speed and cutting are high ankle sprains and busted toes.
    Maybe I'm missing some attempt at a joke. Not sure. But if you aren't joking then I'm confused. A high ankle sprain is a big, big deal, but I just can't imagine Kyrie has any type of toe injury that would literally be season ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Maybe I'm missing some attempt at a joke. Not sure. But if you aren't joking then I'm confused. A high ankle sprain is a big, big deal, but I just can't imagine Kyrie has any type of toe injury that would literally be season ending.
    Well, the poster said non-season-ending injuries, so he's not suggesting the toe would be season ending. However, if it's nagging, it could cut down on Kyrie's explosiveness if he's in pain every time he tries to cut, plant, shift directions, etc. while using his big toe for leverage (and cue greybeard post about feet and toes in 3...2...1...)
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke