Saw it today at lunch (coming in at just south of an hour and a half, this is the shortest summer blockbuster thus far).

My take? Well, let's just say I really, really wanted to hate this movie, but ended up only disliking it. The first 20 minutes are just slow and dumb. Everything that happens is pretty much expected. The acting is forced. The writing is bad, and even Jessica Alba...yes, Jessica Alba, decided to pull a Tara Reid and cover her eyes with dark makeup (don't they realize all that makes them do is look like a hooker). So no solice there.

At least once the silver surfer shows up there is some action...but again, it is nothing great, and totally predictable. Also, the Silver Surfer is pretty much a non factor (bad lines - sounds like a prophet more than anything), and the "torture" scene with him is really laughable. Still, like I said, I found myself not hating it. Maybe it was because I went in with amazingly low expectations. Still, I liked the first one better (and the first one wasn't very good). No way will this one make the top 5 grossing films of the summer. I rate it a wait for Cable (or about a C-).

Still waiting for the first really good movie of the summer. Thus far I would rank them: Oceans 13, Pirates 3, Shrek 3, Spidey 3, and Fantastic Four. Although I'm going to see Knocked Up tomorrow night and Surfs Up with my kids on Sunday. I've have heard good things about both.

Hopefully Evan Almighty, Ratattouille, The Transformers, Harry Potter, The Simpsons and the Bourne Ultimatum will make up for a pretty lousy start to the summer movie season.