Living in an area where you can see Duke often

I have to say, I am very thankful that I have lived for many years in the NYC area... it gives me ample opportunity to see Duke play every year. There aren't too many places outside of Durham that have more Duke games. Are there other parts of the country that, over the years, have gotten lots of Duke games?

DC offers the MD game, often the GTown game, and I think the ACC tourney was there not too long ago...also, UVA isn't too far...

No place better than NYC tho. Often get a preseason tourney like the Pre-season NIT, and the annual "Holiday" game (Butler this year, Gonzaga last year, Xavier the year before...my family goes every year to this one b/c I'm usually back east around this time) and sometimes some NCAA early round or regional action, and you know how love to play out of the east bracket

I'll second DC - and add that Cameron is only a four hour drive away. Coming home after a 9:00 or 9:30 weeknight game isn't so fun, though.

-jk

Ah, DC makes sense, yeah...

jk, do you often make it down for Duke games? I guess I had never considered that you could do that drive, but especially if you make it an overnight stay it isn't that crazy of an idea...

i live in baltimore and i get almost every game on tv. the first time i saw them live was during the JJ/Sheldon years in DC. i am very lucky in the fact that i never miss a game the best part is now i get espn3 on my computer!

NW Ohio has a few good qualities

I live in the northwestern part of Ohio, in Toledo, which gives me the availability of driving to many games located within Big Ten country (I've made trips for games at Michigan on several occasions) as well as early-season or tournament games played in bigger Midwestern cities such as Indianapolis (2010 national title game), Chicago (2009 versus Iowa State) and Kansas City* (2010 CBE). It's really not a bad location. I'm hoping we play in Columbus against Ohio State soon for the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. I would love to give the much-hated Bucks (in my house) a smacking.

Aside from the obvious championship game of last April nor Durham, my favorite place thus far to have watched Duke play is in Chicago. The city is just such a beautiful place at winter time, and watching all that blue trudge about the winter snow beneath the lights of Michigan Avenue is almost heavenly. Chicago is just a short four-hour drive.

*Note: Kansas City was actually only close to me in the sense that crossing three state lines is less than the distance between Maine and Puerto Rico by punting, but it's Duke and trip was well worth it.