Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Duke-UNC football

I wanted to get this thread going early, because there is an issue that may come up today that will impact the game Saturday.

The ACC will rule today on whether UNC linebacker Kevin Reddick was fighting in yesterday's loss to State or not ... he was ejected, along with State's Jarvis Williams, after N.C. State's miraculous fourth-down touchdown play.

You can check out the video here:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu/vi...0/#/vid8661470

It shows that Reddick twice knees Owen Spencer in the head ... Jarvis comes over to confront him and Reddick first shoves him away, then (at the 25 second mark of the video) very clearly throws a punch at Williams.

That punch calls for a one-game suspension ... it will be interesting to see if the ACC takes the actions outlined in the rules or do what they frequently do -- cover up for the Heels (they've already overlooked a Paige-Moss punch earlier this season).

What's to dispute?

Pretty much looks like (perhaps) an extra knee in the back, followed by a shove, followed by a left punch.

Of course, some folks see things differently.......

k

I watched the video clip earlier this morning and to me there is no question the Carolina player threw a punch. He will most likely be suspended for the Duke game.
    Bob Green

If UNC's coaching next Saturday is credited for creating a victory, the Tarheel establishment will -- evidently, based on their perception of accountability and leadership in their multiple ethics debacles -- declare Davis a genius; however, if UNC should lose due to coaching incompetence, obviously it will be the fault of anyone but "Teflon Butch."

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I wanted to get this thread going early, because there is an issue that may come up today that will impact the game Saturday.

The ACC will rule today on whether UNC linebacker Kevin Reddick was fighting in yesterday's loss to State or not ... he was ejected, along with State's Jarvis Williams, after N.C. State's miraculous fourth-down touchdown play.

You can check out the video here:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu/vi...0/#/vid8661470

It shows that Reddick twice knees Owen Spencer in the head ... Jarvis comes over to confront him and Reddick first shoves him away, then (at the 25 second mark of the video) very clearly throws a punch at Williams.

That punch calls for a one-game suspension ... it will be interesting to see if the ACC takes the actions outlined in the rules or do what they frequently do -- cover up for the Heels (they've already overlooked a Paige-Moss punch earlier this season).
    That's disappointing. I went to high school with Kevin - he was our star. Led us to a State championship against Independence. I've played basketball with him on a few occasions in gym class and he seems like a pretty nice guy. Wish he didn't let his emotions get in the way of his game, but I guess it might make next weeks game against UNC a little easier...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I watched the video clip earlier this morning and to me there is no question the Carolina player threw a punch. He will most likely be suspended for the Duke game.
    Pretty optimistic. As Olympic Fan noted, Donte Paige-Moss' punch against Miami was almost as blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Pretty optimistic. As Olympic Fan noted, Donte Paige-Moss' punch against Miami was almost as blatant.
    You and OF have a valid point as one never knows when dealing with the ACC and UNC.
    Bob Green

Flashback

I'm certain the pale blue folks will have their own perspective as to what is "appropriate."

BTW: Should we remind them of the Henderson/HansTravel sequence of events?

Butch's players continue to disgrace their school. He sure recruited some fine young men.

"Dump on the Hump". That's a little harsh. We'll maybe not after Butch gets through recruiting those thug-a-lugs and disavowing any relationship with their handlers (agents) just like he's playing a part in a Mission Impossible episode. Maybe his program will self destruct in 5 seasons if he's allowed too return.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I was watching it live when it happened and agree it was blatant. The knee to the back of the head was clearly intentional which should factor into the decision as well.

It will be interesting to see if the ACC does the right thing here or once again caves in to the pressure of UNC.

Our guys can win this game, but the O-Line is going to have to man up and keep our QB's safe. Dealing with Paige-Moss will be an issue. He dominated State's line much of yesterday.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Rumor has it Carrie Underwood will be there performing her hit, "Before He Cheats" as the Smurfs leave Durham with their horns between their legs, leaving the Victory Bell behind, where it belongs.

oh, man, they *have* to play that song in the stadium Saturday and tie it to Butch some way ... would be perfect ...

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    It's unseasonably warm in Charlotte, and the sky is cloudless but definitely NOT Carolina blue. The local University of Notorious Cheaters fanbase is unusually quiet and somber ever since the Big Bad Wolf came to Chapa Heeya and devoured the naked sheep. Right now the poor fools are thinking this unseasonable heat is blowing all the way from Raleigh, but we know it's coming from a source much, much closer to the Dump on the Hump...
    On the contrary, the sky is carolina blue so the rest of us don't have to step in it! And I'm thinking of having ram chops for dinner this week. Every night!
    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    It's unseasonably warm in Charlotte, and the sky is cloudless but definitely NOT Carolina blue. The local University of Notorious Cheaters fanbase is unusually quiet and somber ever since the Big Bad Wolf came to Chapa Heeya and devoured the naked sheep. Right now the poor fools are thinking this unseasonable heat is blowing all the way from Raleigh, but we know it's coming from a source much, much closer to the Dump on the Hump...
    On the contrary, the sky is carolina blue so the rest of us don't have to step in it! And I'm thinking of having ram chops for dinner this week. Every night!

Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Can't say it enough.

"This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Field hockey too!

Maybe that team could learn from the Zoubs effect.

ACC goes blind ... again!

Just announced -- Kevin Reddick will not face any additional penalties from the ACC.

For the second time this season, the ACC has refused to penalize a UNC player for throwing a punch (just check the video that starts this thread).

I guess the ACC has brought in the OJ jury to rule on UNC infractions.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Just announced -- Kevin Reddick will not face any additional penalties from the ACC.
    Swafford loves his boys in baby blue.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."