Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So the current count is--

Irving, Leslie, McKie - 1
    Barnes - the same as the number of FGs he hit against Minnesota

--Jason "what are the odds of Bullock or Marshall winning a ROW award before Prince Harry?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Evans
    I love the way you put it... lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    Sweet.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

"Wide Right"

Congratulations to Kyrie!

How many do those three guys at UNC combine for now?

What impresses me with Kyrie is that he is doing this on a team where he is not expected to carry the entire load. Granted, Kyrie has the advantage of having the ball in his hands, however, as far as expectations, those guys down the road were expected to make an immediate impact/difference. With all of the playmakers that Duke has, Kyrie has continued to stand out as a freshman. Impressive!

Kind of surprised Kyle didn't get at least co-player of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Kind of surprised Kyle didn't get at least co-player of the week.
    I guess when a player scores 30 and the team scores in 50's (in a LOSS), it is more impressive than 30 points for a team that scores in the 90's (and WINS). Oh well.

Congrats, Kyrie!

One more game on Saturday vs Butler.

Looks like Kyrie is off to a good start for earning his third Rookie of the week award.

Watching Kyrie reminds me of all the things that I read about him as a highschool player. He can take over a game when he needs/wants to.

+ 1. Holy smokes, that kid has game!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    If Kyrie doesn't get it again it's only because someone posted a pity vote.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Kyrie to win another ACC Player of the Week. This kid is a serious baller and is a better shooting more in control John Wall. Go Duke!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Kyrie to win another ACC Player of the Week. This kid is a serious baller and is a better shooting more in control John Wall. Go Duke!!
    Wall's career high was only 25 points.

Folks, the best Kyrie can do is tie for it. JT Terrell is winning ROW this week -- mark it down.

-Jason "Kyrie will have many more chances to get this award" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Folks, the best Kyrie can do is tie for it. JT Terrell is winning ROW this week -- mark it down.

-Jason "Kyrie will have many more chances to get this award" Evans
    KI
    In 36 minutes played against KenPom #11 Michigan State...
    31 points, 8-12 from the field, 2-3 from 3, 13-16 free throws, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 3 turnovers

JT Terrell
    In 36 minutes played against KenPom #84 Iowa
    32 points, 9-16 from the field, 7-11 from 3, 7-8 free throws, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 6 turnovers

I don't know, I'm admittedly biased, and JTT played a heck of a game, but I know which stat line I think is more impressive. Let's see what KI can do against Butler and what JTT can do against Holy Cross on Saturday.

Talking Ancient Greek?

I don't know whether it is idolatry, heresy, or blasphemy, but it is really easy to run afoul of the ecclesiastical types with a player named Kyrie.

sagegrouse
    'Ancient Greek for "Lord"'

Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    KI
    In 36 minutes played against KenPom #11 Michigan State...
    31 points, 8-12 from the field, 2-3 from 3, 13-16 free throws, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 3 turnovers

JT Terrell
    In 36 minutes played against KenPom #84 Iowa
    32 points, 9-16 from the field, 7-11 from 3, 7-8 free throws, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 6 turnovers

I don't know, I'm admittedly biased, and JTT played a heck of a game, but I know which stat line I think is more impressive. Let's see what KI can do against Butler and what JTT can do against Holy Cross on Saturday.
    You left out the fact that JT hit the game-winning 3-pointer from deep with time running out in the game. Flair for the drama probably helps his cause quite a bit.

It also matters that Kyrie has already won the award twice in the first 3 weeks of the season. There will be a push to "spread the wealth" around a bit and give it to someone else, I think.

Now, it is possible that Kyrie will go for 30+ again and JT will have a dud against Holy Cross, but barring something like that I think JT likely wins. Kyrie is likely to be a strong candidate to win the award every week. I think that means that if it is close (and, so far this week, it is close) then he is going to get edged out by the other guy (this week, JT).

--Jason "here is a thought, Kyrie wins Player of the Week, but loses Rookie of the Week - ha!" Evans

You left out the fact that JT hit the game-winning 3-pointer from deep with time running out in the game. Flair for the drama probably helps his cause quite a bit.

It also matters that Kyrie has already won the award twice in the first 3 weeks of the season. There will be a push to "spread the wealth" around a bit and give it to someone else, I think.

Now, it is possible that Kyrie will go for 30+ again and JT will have a dud against Holy Cross, but barring something like that I think JT likely wins. Kyrie is likely to be a strong candidate to win the award every week. I think that means that if it is close (and, so far this week, it is close) then he is going to get edged out by the other guy (this week, JT).

--Jason "here is a thought, Kyrie wins Player of the Week, but loses Rookie of the Week - ha!" Evans
    Only ACC games are considered, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Only ACC games are considered, correct?
    I don't understand. There haven't been any ACC vs. ACC games yet this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurkey View Post
    I don't understand. There haven't been any ACC vs. ACC games yet this season.
    Dang. Well, I guess Kyrie has to give those ROW awards back.
    Somebody should tell the ACC to be more careful next time.