Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hour Long Duke Inside Access on ESPNU Tue/ESPN2 Thu

Just a fresh reminder... the first hour long special inside the Duke Mens Basketball Program is on ESPNU tonight at 9:00 PM, and the second is on Thursday at 8:00 PM on ESPN2. Set those tivos... and even if you DON'T think you get ESPNU just check to make sure; I THOUGHT I didn't get it, but turns out I do... it was just buried up in some random 600 channel!
    Last edited by blazindw; 11-09-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Correct channels

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Just a fresh reminder... the first hour long special inside the Duke Mens Basketball Program is on ESPNU tonight at 9:00 PM, and the second is on Thursday at 8:00 PM on ESPN2. Set those tivos... and even if you DON'T think you get ESPNU just check to make sure; I THOUGHT I didn't get it, but turns out I do... it was just buried up in some random 600 channel!
    Thanks.

Somebody should edit the title of this thread to reflect that the special will be on ESPNU, not ESPN.

I had done that only because it is on ESPNU tonight and ESPN2 on Thursday. Hope that doesn't cause anyone to get all excited/all depressed?

I can change it if need be.

I changed the thread title to reflect what day it will be on each channel. Carry on.

Have my DVR ready to go.

Is this more of the Inside Access that aired last week or a rerun of what's already been seen? There have been four 30 min episodes thus far, right?
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

So far:

It seems to be a best-hits version of the first 4 30 minute episodes along with shots of countdown to craziness.

Hope there's new content.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

We should have a season of this....who's with me?

I'll be tuning in. I only caught one of the ESPNU episodes, so I'm hoping to see plenty of the footage I missed.

Highlights

I missed the 3rd 30 minute episode, so some of this stuff may have been in there, but the gems and interesting things of tonight were:

#1: The 3 minute clip of Duke players (Mason, Kyree, Josh, at the very least) in the Intro to Acting Class. Hilarious.

#2: Aww cute shots of the assistant coach's kids.

#3: Interesting comment in the last scrimmage: Coach K to Wojo and Collins: "We need to coach Nolan and Kyle better." I'm curious as to what that really means...to get them more used to being leaders? To get them to take the next step in their development? Very interesting to me.

#4: 3-5 Minute talk about managers and really Casey Peters in general. Heartwarming but an interesting choice to fill up space in this thing.

#5: Nolan using two bits of profanity (I think the F-word) in his pre-game speech before the first exhibition game.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

A little disappointed that there wasn't a lot of new footage, but who cares?, I could watch this stuff all day.

Nolan in the center of the huddle to pump the team up!

wojo and collins....pure duke...both of them...

coach k has to be proud of the energy and dedication these two guys bring....

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post

#3: Interesting comment in the last scrimmage: Coach K to Wojo and Collins: "We need to coach Nolan and Kyle better." I'm curious as to what that really means...to get them more used to being leaders? To get them to take the next step in their development? Very interesting to me.
    I took this comment to suggest that Coach K noticed a tendency to take Kyle and Nolan for granted while they were trying to coach up the rest of the team.

In a previous episode, I found Coach K's comments to Wojo during a scrimmage to be interesting as well. One of his comments to Wojo about Singler was that he was afraid that Kyle was becoming too much of a jump shooter and that he wanted him to go inside and mix it up a bit. I actually think that the potential for Kyle to become just a jump shooter is an issue to watch throughout the season.

Coach K also made a comment about Ryan Kelly, I think, saying that he could be really effective because he just won't miss when he has open shots from outside.

Kyle: "What's the best thing about being a Duke Basketball player?...That's it...being a Duke Basketball player"

Loved the show.

Coach K at the opening of the episode "Being in Cameron is a religious experience."

Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    I could watch this stuff all day.
    Oddly enough, I've shown clips to a couple of non-fan friends, and they immediately started yawning. Almost enough to make them non-friends until April.

Nolan's toes and other musings

Was it just me, or was the piece about Nolan's toes just hysterical? I love the fact that he isn't shy about putting himself out there on a personal level. He seems very well grounded.

On a different note, I can't help but think that Kyrie seems pretty confident, borderline cocky. Really, who could blame him. Even the senior studs are saying that his ability is exceptional. I actually like that Kyrie seems that way. It's a bit Laettneresque and seems to position players to have an "I will win because I'm better" attitude instead of an "I want to win and maybe I can" attitude.

One line, er thought, that kept coming to mind while I was watching them practice, especially the big men running and dunking, was how "alarmingly unathletic" they seemed to be. I have great concern about their future. There's no way this team could win the National Championship.

Great show overall. I'm really looking forward to part II on Thursday - and to watching a practice up close and in person tonight at the Emily K benefit.

Little help...

It's great to hear everyone's reaction to these specials - this series sounds like a great way to keep up the momentum for our program (and drive the Duke haters crazy).

As I am a cable-less bastard, would greatly appreciate a PM from anyone who can put any of these specials on a DVD or has any other ideas of how I can watch online...

-j
    “Turning down the Lakers was tough, but it is always good to renew your vows to the loves of your life.”
    -Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyWonder View Post
    It's great to hear everyone's reaction to these specials - this series sounds like a great way to keep up the momentum for our program (and drive the Duke haters crazy).

As I am a cable-less bastard, would greatly appreciate a PM from anyone who can put any of these specials on a DVD or has any other ideas of how I can watch online...

-j
    I think they were running at least part of it on the ESPN website.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
    I think they were running at least part of it on the ESPN website.
    Unfortunately, I think they are only showing a 1.5 minute film session clip (which is fascinating for such a short clip) and a 30 sec. clip of Singler doing a "Hoop Dreams" mural for the player's lounge.