Former State player Gavin Grant in legal trouble

Is it really necessary to post a specific link to the picture of Gavin Grant in the courtroom in the middle of the ACC roundup? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewebe14
    Is it really necessary to post a specific link to the picture of Gavin Grant in the courtroom in the middle of the ACC roundup? Come on.
    I think it adds to the whole story nicely. It paints a picture.

Let's be honest here, Gavin conducted a robbery home invasion by using a piece to threaten the execution of a group of human beings. Let's not make this out to be some sort of lost child gone wrong story. He's a sociopath.

Anthony Grundy charged with fifth DWI

Anthony Grundy's and Gavin Grant's arrests supports the importance of athletes getting degrees. I do not know if either of them received their degrees but I'd be willing to bet that they did not. This is the sad results of these Universities using the players, not caring about them and the players all thinking that they will make the NBA. When we read articles like these, it has to make us that much prouder to be DUKE!!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/...ets-fifth.html

^^Correction: He is accused.

I figured this place, of all places, would be cautious in declaring someone guilty before their trial...

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I think it adds to the whole story nicely. It paints a picture.

Let's be honest here, Gavin conducted a robbery home invasion by using a piece to threaten the execution of a group of human beings. Let's not make this out to be some sort of lost child gone wrong story. He's a sociopath.

i'm not sure if getting the degree has anything to do with the character....

didn't richard nixon have a duke degree?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    Anthony Grundy's and Gavin Grant's arrests supports the importance of athletes getting degrees. I do not know if either of them received their degrees but I'd be willing to bet that they did not. This is the sad results of these Universities using the players, not caring about them and the players all thinking that they will make the NBA. When we read articles like these, it has to make us that much prouder to be DUKE!!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/02/...ets-fifth.html
    I am not sure that this is fair. One can care about another all he wants but if the other does not make his effort, it does not matter. Failure to graduate says more about the person who did not graduate than the school.

Something about horses and water and all that.
    Last edited by Indoor66; 02-03-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Add last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I am not sure that this is fair. One can care about another all he wants but if the other does not make his effort, it does not matter. Failure to graduate says more about the person who did not graduate than the school.
    You are right, the student-athlete plays a huge part in their academic success. But I do not think that Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, Texas, Maryland and Baylor all equally put the same amount of attention on academics. I would be shocked if Maryland would self-impose a suspension on Jordan Williams like UVA did on Landersberg.

"Virginia announced moments ago that leading scorer Sylven Landesberg has been suspended for the remainder of the men's basketball season "for failure to live up to academic obligations."