Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Lance Thomas and the Austin Toros

I was browsing the results of the D-League draft and noticed Lance went to the Toros in the second round.
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/draft_2010.html
    No story to go with it, but best of luck to Lance. League play starts in 2 weeks.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Same here, best of luck, Lance.

I'm assuming he'll still get paid a decent amount in the d-league, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I was browsing the results of the D-League draft and noticed Lance went to the Toros in the second round.
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/draft_2010.html
    No story to go with it, but best of luck to Lance. League play starts in 2 weeks.
    Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering what he would be up to this year. I will, of course, be interested to find out where Jon (Europe?) and Zoubs end up as well. Best of luck to all of them.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    Same here, best of luck, Lance.

I'm assuming he'll still get paid a decent amount in the d-league, eh?
    Not really. D-League players make $12,000-24,000 per season.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Not really. D-League players make $12,000-24,000 per season.
    Yeah, I was curious, so I did a little googling... really interesting article here about it: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=7239948. I had no idea it was a such a financially rough gig.

next stop - D league

Thanks for the update on Lance. I hope he has as much success with the Toros as Quin Snyder did.

Go Lance!

Your fans are all rooting for you!

Well, if Lance enjoys playing some ball and getting paid for it, he may have some fun in the NBDL. I would be very surprised if he ever plays in the NBA, unless some team is desperate for D at 3. He just doesn't have a good enough offensive game to play in the pros, at least now. If he could get a good upfake-dribble-stop and pop, that plus his open jump shot and his D might get him a job in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
    Well, if Lance enjoys playing some ball and getting paid for it, he may have some fun in the NBDL. I would be very surprised if he ever plays in the NBA, unless some team is desperate for D at 3. He just doesn't have a good enough offensive game to play in the pros, at least now. If he could get a good upfake-dribble-stop and pop, that plus his open jump shot and his D might get him a job in Europe.
    All it takes is for the ball to bounce your way. Many times we forget that there are so many intangibles that can make or break a career outside of an individuals talent. An injury or two and Lance could end up on a roster with ease. (FYI - you don't go to Europe unless they are offering big money or you have exhausted your NBA possibilities - or both...)

basketball for 100, alex

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    All it takes is for the ball to bounce your way. Many times we forget that there are so many intangibles that can make or break a career outside of an individuals talent. An injury or two and Lance could end up on a roster with ease. (FYI - you don't go to Europe unless they are offering big money or you have exhausted your NBA possibilities - or both...)
    ummm... Who is Allen Iverson?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    ummm... Who is Allen Iverson?
    True . . . and who will be Gilbert Arenas if he doesn't decide to retire, instead?

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    True . . . and who will be Gilbert Arenas if he doesn't decide to retire, instead?
    Big difference between the two. One doesn't like bringing himself to practice. The other likes bringing guns to practice.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Lance and the Austin Toros are on TV, right now!
    He's in the starting line-up.
    Versus (Durham, TWC, Ch 1514)
    Last edited by 94duke; 01-22-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added starting line-up

my cable signal is making it near unwatchable for me. Every 20 seconds or so it starts going crazy. Best way to describe it is like a record skipping. Go figure as I'm typing this the picture finally starts clearing up, only to have Lance sub out.

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Lance and the Austin Toros are on TV, right now!
    He's in the starting line-up.
    Versus (Durham, TWC, Ch 1514)
    I won't spoil it for those who want to watch, but this game is a replay (it really started at 9PM EST). Here is the link to what happened if you can't wait and want to see how Lance did.

It looks like Lance has a massive Virgin Mary tattoo on his arm now. That must be new.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I won't spoil it for those who want to watch, but this game is a replay (it really started at 9PM EST). Here is the link to what happened if you can't wait and want to see how Lance did.
    Whoops! That's what I get for watching college hoops all day!

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Whoops! That's what I get for watching college hoops all day!
    It's an easy mistake, especially since I don't think it was aired live. I only figured out it was a replay when I wanted to see what Lance had done before I turned it on. I guess the D-league isn't good enough to played live in prime time.

Lance "just" (as in, during this delayed broadcast) hit a 3-pointer and then got a beautiful tip-in off of his teammate's missed shot. The tip-in reminded me of his good ole days at Duke, but the 3 certainly didn't.

I just looked it up and LT attempted ZERO three-pointers in his four years at Duke! So, I guess it took the D-league to bring out long-range jumpers in him. He's averaging more than twice as many points per game in the D-league as he did at Duke his senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Lance "just" (as in, during this delayed broadcast) hit a 3-pointer and then got a beautiful tip-in off of his teammate's missed shot. The tip-in reminded me of his good ole days at Duke, but the 3 certainly didn't.

I just looked it up and LT attempted ZERO three-pointers in his four years at Duke! So, I guess it took the D-league to bring out long-range jumpers in him. He's averaging more than twice as many points per game in the D-league as he did at Duke his senior year.

Well, maybe the scorekeeper was shocked too, because he's not credited with any 3-pt attempts.
    "Shout out to this clock right here that's telling us what time it is." - Dre