New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Sean Renfree Poll Skew

Vote for Sean's amazing performance yesterday against Navy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=caponecup
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I just voted for Renfree twice but he is way behind. We need everyone to vote now in order to skew this one. Let's go DBR.
    Bob Green

Voted... he just needs about 6,000 more votes while the Nebraska kid gets none.

I just voted 5 times. Vote early, vote often.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Voted... he just needs about 6,000 more votes while the Nebraska kid gets none.

It's not like Helu doesn't deserve the kudos. 307 rushing yards against an undefeated, top-10 team. That'll make anybody's short list,

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It's not like Helu doesn't deserve the kudos. 307 rushing yards against an undefeated, top-10 team. That'll make anybody's short list,
    Yup...and chances are if you weren't a Duke or a Navy fan, you didn't watch Sean's performance. It's still nice to see Renfree get some deserved credit though.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    My vote is in, but it is Helu in a landslide right now. Sean only has 5% of the vote. He picked a bad day to have a good day..

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    My vote is in, but it is Helu in a landslide right now. Sean only has 5% of the vote. He picked a bad day to have a good day..
    Sean will have lots more great days in the next 2 1/2 years. And he'll win many of these polls before he's done at Duke. It's like being nominated for an Academy Award for your first movie - you gotta pay your dues first before you win the big prize, regardless of how deserving the performance was.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Talking Never a Bad Time To Have a Great Game

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Nonsense! He picked the perfect day -- the first Duke football game I had attended in four years.

sagegrouse

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Nonsense! He picked the perfect day -- the first Duke football game I had attended in four years.

sagegrouse
    Well, looking at it from that angle, I am inclined to agree! Glad you and the others that made the trip were treated to a win.

Now contact all of your Duke buddies and get them to VOTE!!

Go Duke!

Question

Am I correct in saying that Sean's 28-30 performance was the most accurate performance by a QB with 20 or more pass attempts in ACC history? Because I think I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Am I correct in saying that Sean's 28-30 performance was the most accurate performance by a QB with 20 or more pass attempts in ACC history? Because I think I might be.
    Maybe that's why the coaches pulled him in the second. They were protecting his legacy. (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    How about this. It was the most accurate performance in NCAA history!

But Sean Renfree may have earned the biggest laurel for a Cutcliffe-coached player on Saturday.
    That's because Renfree completed 28 of 30 passes against Navy, breaking Steve Sarkisian's record for completion percentage in a game. Renfree completed 93.3% of his passes against the Midshipmen, while Sarkisian completed 31 of 34 (91.2%) for BYU against Fresno State in 1995.
    http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...ee-ncaa-record

Talking Analogy

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Maybe that's why the coaches pulled him in the second. They were protecting his legacy. (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!)
    It's kind of like pulling a pitcher in the 8th inning to protect a no-hitter.

sagegrouse