Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    203 = WoJo (ExileDevil is there at the moment)
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

I'm holding until somebody else reaches 88 first.

My how we've grown!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Those words have never been uttered before, certainly not by anyone who has seen me play hoops.
    Okay, so you're no longer Bobby Hurley. Fine. You're now Cherokee Parks??

Say ... whatever happened to Cherokee?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Okay, so you're no longer Bobby Hurley. Fine. You're now Cherokee Parks??

Say ... whatever happened to Cherokee?
    Cherokee moved back to Huntington Beach, California upon finishing his NBA career a couple years ago. He had made more than $11 million in his NBA career and has invested some of his earnings in a bar in the area.

-Jason "the google is a wonderful thing" Evans

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    At 259 your title goes to Tommy Amaker...I was so confused for a minute as I was hoping that I had somehow ascertained that title permanently, but then I realized that was the number of steals he had at Duke...so I'm guessing that 413 is JJ Redick
    Okay, mods, powers that be, whatever. I confess to whining about not liking "loquacious," so let me go on the record right now that IMHO, changing post names at Duke milestones is unbelievably cool.

Mucho kudos.

--alteran

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    Okay, mods, powers that be, whatever. I confess to whining about not liking "loquacious," so let me go on the record right now that IMHO, changing post names at Duke milestones is unbelievably cool.

Mucho kudos.
    Thanks. It took a lot of work to put it in place. Props to -jk, who implemented this.

I am still waiting to see if anyone can come up with a master list of all the places where the titles change. Obviously, you only know where things go until about post #700. Who knows where else we may have surprises in store for you

-Jason "at post #1000, your access to the board is restricted for being absurdly verbose... so I'll be signing off soon " Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am still waiting to see if anyone can come up with a master list of all the places where the titles change. Obviously, you only know where things go until about post #700. Who knows where else we may have surprises in store for you
    I'm curious to see who will be the first to become "J.J. Redick" by reaching 2,769 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    I'm curious to see who will be the first to become "J.J. Redick" by reaching 2,769 posts.
    No Contest... Jason "I'll get their FIRST" Evans - LOL

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I'm holding until somebody else reaches 88 first.
    I am (well, not after this post) at 88 and it appears to be safe!
    Last edited by Windsor; 07-20-2007 at 04:12 PM.
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

Let me say that this entire thread is a shameful exhibit of post padding, but then again so was this. Ah, so close to Bench Warmer.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    No Contest... Jason "I'll get their FIRST" Evans - LOL
    Except that moderators have fixed statuses which don't change as post count goes up. Jason leads Throatybeard by about 150 posts at the top of the board, but the top non-moderator poster is Feldspar, currently sitting at 628 posts, which makes him a "starter". Second is DevilAlumna, well behind at 490 posts, which makes her a "sixth man" or sixth woman, in this case. Greybeard is third at 402 and also a "sixth man".
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I haven't been reading this thread enough. I noticed that I was Chris Carrawell but I went right through Casey Sanders, and I have no clue on what the numbers mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Thanks. It took a lot of work to put it in place. Props to -jk, who implemented this.
    But the brilliant idea was Jason's. Credit where credit's due!

It has been a lot of fun, though.

-jk

Whee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Except that moderators have fixed statuses which don't change as post count goes up. Jason leads Throatybeard by about 150 posts at the top of the board, but the top non-moderator poster is Feldspar, currently sitting at 628 posts, which makes him a "starter". Second is DevilAlumna, well behind at 490 posts, which makes her a "sixth man" or sixth woman, in this case. Greybeard is third at 402 and also a "sixth man".
    Sixth man no more!

Wow, I need to cut back. Obviously, I have some strange DBR Forum addiction. Second to Feldspar is surely a sign of some serious problem.

Potential for future spoilers alert!

Burns: Tell me, Simpson. If an opportunity arose for taking a small shortcut, you wouldn't be adverse to taking it, would you?

Homer: Uhh, not as such.

Burns: Mm-hmm. If you can take advantage of a situation in some way, it's your duty as an American to do it. Why should the race always be to the swift or the jumble to the quick-witted? Should they be allowed to win merely because of the gifts God gave them? Well, I say cheating is the gift man gives himself!

Homer: Mr. Burns, I insist that we cheat.

Burns: Excellent.
    My thirst for forbidden knowledge has inspired a simple little mechanism for collecting all of the names. Nothing even vaguely hackish or that would cause undue stress on the system. I'm wondering whether to pursue that line of thinking.

What do you say? Does that reflect a level of OCD that should not be mentioned in polite company, or are others similarly compelled to look at the answer key?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    My thirst for forbidden knowledge has inspired a simple little mechanism for collecting all of the names. Nothing even vaguely hackish or that would cause undue stress on the system. I'm wondering whether to pursue that line of thinking.

What do you say? Does that reflect a level of OCD that should not be mentioned in polite company, or are others similarly compelled to look at the answer key?
    While I can't officially speak for Julio and Bos, I would have to say that deliberately trying to go around the natural order of this Board would be a violation, possibly including banning.

Have patience, and all will be revealed in due time.

Another board I've been affiliated with was brought down when someone attempted to poke at it in unusual ways. Breaking things costs money to fix.

-jk

Two More

Wojo - 505;
    Ferry - 506.

Assists?

At 129 I became Shavlick Randolph. Now, I thought it was spelled Shavlik, is that possibly a clue or can I just not spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    At 129 I became Shavlick Randolph. Now, I thought it was spelled Shavlik, is that possibly a clue or can I just not spell?
    Whoops! My bad. Thanks for the catch. (Manual data entry is fraught with errors...)

-jk

No problem, glad to know I can spell, and with this post, I think I become Grant Hill.