Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Hooray

Thought I would take the time to inform the board of its latest loquacious member. I would also like to thank several people without whom this would not have been possible.

Thank you Jason Evans whose prolific posting about random topics is probably responsible for at least 98 out of my 100 posts.

Thank you DevilAlumna for being a techie and a Jason collaborator.

Thank you Jumbo for bluntly repudiating irrational posts but spawning huge conversation threads in the process

But most of all, thank you [company that i work for] for boring days, light work days, and chronic underutilization which provides that all-important "free time" necessary for posting.

Move along now. Nothing to see here.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Move along now. Nothing to see here.

I wonder when folks will figure the whole system out. Of course, the top levels are still a loooong way off.

-Jason "moderator or I'd be a starter" Evans

No longer ACTIVE member

Gee great... Dukerati earns "loquacious," and then the system blows up.

So what's the deal with the new titles? NO loquacious? NO "members?"

Walk-on? In the rotation? Sixth Man? Hoop Dreams? Bench Warmer? Victory Cigar?

What's the official post tally needed for each of these new levels?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Wooohoooo!!!! I'm a starter.

Pass me the rock bay-bee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ...Walk-on? In the rotation? Sixth Man? Hoop Dreams? Bench Warmer? Victory Cigar?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Uh, oh. I think I lost our magic decoder ring. Sorry.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I wonder when folks will figure the whole system out. Of course, the top levels are still a loooong way off.

-Jason "moderator or I'd be a starter" Evans
    I think it'll take a long time to figure it all out. But this board is still so very young.

-jk

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    From what I can deduce:

0-9 posts: Hoop Dreams
    10-19 posts: Manager
    20-49: Walk-on
    50-74: Victory Cigar
    75-149: Bench Warmer
    150-299: In the Rotation
    300-599: Sixth Man
    600 - ?: Starter

I'm guessing 1200 gets you to All-ACC, 2400 gets you to All-American, so on and so forth. I'll let you know when I get there

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    ...I'm guessing 1200 gets you to All-ACC, 2400 gets you to All-American, so on and so forth. I'll let you know when I get there
    Well, then, you'll probably get there first. The only posters ahead of you are two Mods with their own titles.

Of course, there is a lot of time...

-jk

Wwpdd?

Victory Cigar?

I guess I'm approaching the Patrick Davidson level.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Well, then, you'll probably get there first. The only posters ahead of you are two Mods with their own titles.
    Hmmmmm....

Wink Wow! What a title.

In a room full of silk slippers and tuxedos I suddenly feel like an old brown shoe, albeit a proud one in such fine company.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    From what I can deduce:

0-9 posts: Hoop Dreams
    10-19 posts: Manager
    20-49: Walk-on
    50-74: Victory Cigar
    75-149: Bench Warmer
    150-299: In the Rotation
    300-599: Sixth Man
    600 - ?: Starter

I'm guessing 1200 gets you to All-ACC, 2400 gets you to All-American, so on and so forth. I'll let you know when I get there
    It's scary that you may end up posting so much that you end up being a Wooden Winner or Consensus Player of the Year or maybe even a retired number.

From loquacious to bench warmer, I barely had time to enjoy my lofty status (sniff). Alas, with some hard work and long hours, I hope to one day become a starter.

Note to jk: New statuses are cool but it would be even cooler if we could personalize our statuses even further (i.e. specific names of bench warmers, starters, etc.) I would like to be Andre Buckner please

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    If you're Andre, then I'll be the fan favorite from my era, Durham's own Richard Ford. Either that or (the other) Christian Ast.

Labels, labels, labels...oh why must we live in a world of labels??? Can't we all get along fine without a caste system as arbitrary as the number of posts one writes? Why is being a prolific writer such a good thing, anyway? Better to write crap than nothing at all?

I've been reading this Board since it was born and I'm considered a "Walk-on"? That's an insult. I should be "Coach K" or "Saint" for the number of years I've been reading the drivel that some of you write on this site! Where's the respect I deserve as an old-timer around here?

Now that I've said my peace, how many more to "Victory Cigar"?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Labels, labels, labels...oh why must we live in a world of labels??? Can't we all get along fine without a caste system as arbitrary as the number of posts one writes? Why is being a prolific writer such a good thing, anyway? Better to write crap than nothing at all?

I've been reading this Board since it was born and I'm considered a "Walk-on"? That's an insult. I should be "Coach K" or "Saint" for the number of years I've been reading the drivel that some of you write on this site! Where's the respect I deserve as an old-timer around here?

Now that I've said my peace, how many more to "Victory Cigar"?
    Alas!, boards don't thrive when people read, only when people post. Even drivel, just as long as it's civilized drivel.

(And if you have any good, thoughtful ideas on lowering the drivel content - civilized drivel or not - while keeping an active board, I'd like to hear it. But that's a different discussion.)

-jk

Victory Cigar?

I guess I'm approaching the Patrick Davidson level.
    There actually was talk among the Moderators of naming the levels after famous Dukies. If we had, I am not sure if Patrick Davidson would have been one of the first to be attained or one of the last. Among this community, he is the most celerbated walk-on in history!!

-Jason "wish we still had the legendary Davidson thread withy all the stories about his glory!" Evans

Wow, psyched!

Cool, I just hit the next level. I post in honor of Marty Clark, my all-time favorite Duke 6th man (and major cutie!)

And if you have any good, thoughtful ideas on lowering the drivel content - civilized drivel or not - while keeping an active board, I'd like to hear it. But that's a different discussion.
    So which is this thread?