Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    From Eammon Brennan at ESPN:

http://http://espn.go.com/blog/colle...lling-duke-yes

My favorite quote:

"Perhaps more interesting is what it says about the current state of Duke's program. Remember when the Blue Devils were faltering? Remember when Duke couldn't get past the Sweet 16? Remember when Coach K was spending too much time with the national team? Remember when the Blue Devils weren't deep enough? Remember when Duke couldn't lure top recruits anymore?

Those days -- if they even existed in the first place -- are officially over. The Blue Devils are the reigning national champions; they're the favorite for the 2010-11 crown, thanks in part to one of the best recruits in the 2010 class, Kyrie Irving; and they just signed the best overall player in the class of 2011. If Duke "went" anywhere, it is officially back. That's a scary thought."

In K We Trust

Welcome, AR!! It's gonna be a fun ride ...

This is awesome, wish Austin good luck his Senior year and we will see at CTC!!!

Welcome to the Duke Family Austin! Thanks for not pulling a Lebron on us!

Yes!

This is really great news for both Duke and Austin Rivers. I think the sun just came out here in RTP! Order has been restored!

HAHAHA yes! They are talking about Austin and Duke on sportscenter now!

Quote Originally Posted by LSanders View Post

My favorite quote:

"Perhaps more interesting is what it says about the current state of Duke's program. Remember when the Blue Devils were faltering? Remember when Duke couldn't get past the Sweet 16? Remember when Coach K was spending too much time with the national team? Remember when the Blue Devils weren't deep enough? Remember when Duke couldn't lure top recruits anymore?

Those days -- if they even existed in the first place -- are officially over. The Blue Devils are the reigning national champions; they're the favorite for the 2010-11 crown, thanks in part to one of the best recruits in the 2010 class, Kyrie Irving; and they just signed the best overall player in the class of 2011. If Duke "went" anywhere, it is officially back. That's a scary thought."
    I dont really have anything to add. It's just nice to see the media ackowledge Duke in a respectful and admiring tone.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Smile Welcome Austin

What a great suprise this is. Great job by Coach K to close the deal before the official visits. Great day to be a Duke fan and a not so great day to be a heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    All over our board too.
    Yeah, can you believe we are already on page 5 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    well, he has said himself he'd more strongly consider it rivers were his backcourt mate. and with the nba lockout looming, you never know.
    With the Wizards owner telling the media there will be a hard cap in the NBA, it does indeed appear like a lockout is going to happen. It also makes sense why so much $$$ was thrown around this offseason -- teams knew they could collect the rights to the players and not be inflating salaries down the road. I think Kyrie is two years.

And welcome to Duke Austin Rivers! Another NBA family with great tradition joins the fold!

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Bullock, Strickland, McDonald, and PJ Hairston (which could be more of a 3)
    A solid group, even if it looks like they will probably have to cover the 3 as well as the 2 in 2011-2012.

Is this another tragedy in Chapel Hill on the order of a Haitian earthquake? I mean, c'mon, it's Roy's life we're talking about here.

But seriously, while I don't wish a lockout on anyone, I would enjoy turning down the dial on the one-and-dones for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    congratulations guys. he called Roy this morning and gave him the news. the general attitude on the IC this morning is that everyone is glad that it is over. there is also a bit of backlash against the "insiders" that claimed that there was more of a chance. i still think UNC is OK without him. I think we are loaded the 2 spot. but nonetheless, would have been nice to have his talent playing for us and not against us.
    You guys are more than OK without him with all the scorers already loaded in the back court. Should be some good battles in the coming years, which means I better go ahead and get my blood pressure under control.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Great day to be a Duke fan and a not so great day to be a heel.
    Every day is a great day to be a Duke fan...and every day of being a 'hole fan must be pretty miserable.

Yay Austin!!!! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    You guys are more than OK without him with all the scorers already loaded in the back court. Should be some good battles in the coming years, which means I better go ahead and get my blood pressure under control.
    we will see, if there is a lockout, then UNC will have a ton of talent next year. i still hold out hope that this years squad can be a special bunch. maybe not final 4 special, but fun to watch and anything can happen special.

That is too bad for Carolina that this was done just before his official visit. Looks like Austin will now have to wait for his official visit to UNC in February/March 2012 when he drops 40 on them in a Duke uniform.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Dynasty in durham!

“Even though it’s the worst kept secret in basketball, he was thinking, ‘How does this set me up for life?’” Joseph said. “‘What am I gonna do for the next 40 years instead of just playing basketball. Duke can help me in life besides basketball.’”
    http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/09/30/a...rivers-to-duke

New Tweet from Austin! @AustinRivers25 World i have decided to go to duke! Let's go blue devils ha'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Every day is a great day to be a Duke fan...and every day of being a 'hole fan must be pretty miserable.

Yay Austin!!!! Can't wait!
    after last years collapse and now the football investigation, we need something good to happen. basketball season starting soon will be a great distraction for the fans. personally, I expected this the entire time, so it becoming a reality isn't a big blow. I am not even a bit bummed out about it. There are some over on the IC that devour all of the "inside" info and get so pumped on it that they go insane, those guys are bumming right now. I have learned that "inside" info doesn't really exist over there. These guys are mostly guys who know one or two people that work for the university and then throw around a bunch of BS trying to get attention. Its a joke and these guys got busted on it this time. People will never learn their lessons though. They still hold out hope that they are truly getting inside info and when they think they have it, the run with it. Unless it comes from a moderator, I choose to limit my interest in it. I admit, i did get caught up in it. First time, last time.

Quote Originally Posted by LSanders View Post

My favorite quote:

In K We Trust

Welcome, AR!! It's gonna be a fun ride ...
    Look at this past year:

8/22 Irving Commits to Duke

11/13 Barnes Commits to UNC
    12/2 Duke Loses to Wisconsin in first Road Game
    1/9 Duke Loses to GT in second Road Game, is 1-1 in ACC.
    1/20 Duke Loses to NC State in 3rd Road Game (Rock Bottom)
    1/30 Duke Loses to GTown.

2/10 Duke beats Carolina on Road
    2/13 Zoubek into starting lineup. Duke beats Maryland.
    3/3 Duke barely loses to MD on road.
    3/6 82-50

3/11 Gbinije Commits to Duke

3/14 Duke wins ACC Tourny
    3/28 Duke beats Baylor, into Final Four
    4/3 Big 3 Combine to Crush WVU
    4/5 National Champs

9/30: Austin Rivers Commits to Duke

Seriously, before the Maryland game, Kyrie looked like the only good thing in a miserable year. Then after UNC and Maryland, everything goes our way.

What a difference 7 months makes.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est