Should I get Lost again?

I'm something of a professional Lost hater, having given it up at the start of season 2 due to suckage and a crisis of confidence in JJ. I felt vindicated for about a year while ratings slipped as many came to the same conclusion, but now I'm afraid I'm missing out. It really sounds like they have turned things around (and it's summer, baseball bores me, so there's nothing else to watch).

So, my question to you -- can I just pick up with Season 3 and get caught up to speed, or do I really need to watch all of Season 2?

Ha. Ha ha ha. Your post made me laugh out loud.

Yes, watch Season 2. You won't regret it. Plus, you won't really know what the hizzay is going on when you start up Season 3 if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    So, my question to you -- can I just pick up with Season 3 and get caught up to speed, or do I really need to watch all of Season 2?
    No. You really need to watch season 2 to understand season 3. Where'd you leave off? There was a lull after a couple of episodes in season 2, but then things really picked up again.

[note: season 3 does not start off with a bang. But it sure ends with one.]

I left off after maybe 5 or 6 episodes, when that crazy lady from the tail section shot that other girl, what's her name. Yeah, it's been a while

Those tail people annoyed me. Tell me they all got killed off at some point.

They all get killed off at some point.

You've seen the best of Lost, seasons 2 and 3 don't come close to season one. And questions left from the season one finale are still unanswered 40 plus episodes later. Characters and issues that seemed important in season one are forgotten or barely addressed in the next two seasons.

I'm something of a professional Lost hater, having given it up at the start of season 2 due to suckage and a crisis of confidence in JJ.
    Still if you are a professional Lost hater don't you have to tune in to know what to complain about. I watch every week because I've invested in the story and because the cast is probably the best acting ensemble on network tv. I'll hold out for a conclusion.

JJ seems to have zero to do with Lost anymore. Abandoning it like Felicity or Alias (At one time, I had high hopes Rambaldi was behind things on the island and Lost could provide satisfying answers to both shows in that way).

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post
    Still if you are a professional Lost hater don't you have to tune in to know what to complain about. I watch every week because I've invested in the story and because the cast is probably the best acting ensemble on network tv. I'll hold out for a conclusion.
    No, I think it's sufficient to laugh at everyone else complaining about the show who didn't cut their losses as soon as the ship seemed to be sinking.

My only concern is that they have righted thing and now I'm missing out. Your message gives me some comfort that it's still not worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    They all get killed off at some point.
    Not quite-- two are still alive. One with the Lostaways and one is with The Others.

Season 2 really, really picks up toward the final 6-8 episodes and season three (minus a few filler episodes early on) is fabulous. I think a solid argument can be made that season three is, in some ways, superior to season one. The Man From Talahassee, The Brig, and The Man Behind the Curtain, and (of course) Through the Looking Glass are 4 of the best episodes ever on the show. I thought Flashes Before Your Eyes was also awesome and I liked Not In Portland for all the questions it raised.

-Jason "have you been reading threads about what has been happening on the show? I think knowing what is going to happen can really take the enjoyment out of Lost" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "have you been reading threads about what has been happening on the show? I think knowing what is going to happen can really take the enjoyment out of Lost" Evans
    Not really. I glance at them from time to time, and I probably know a couple of spoilers from here and other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodfather View Post
    You've seen the best of Lost, seasons 2 and 3 don't come close to season one. And questions left from the season one finale are still unanswered 40 plus episodes later. Characters and issues that seemed important in season one are forgotten or barely addressed in the next two seasons.
    Meh. The show certainly has it's ups and downs, but seasons 2 and 3 have some electrifying episodes. While season 1 is more consistent, and had novelty on its side, I wouldn't say it's in a class by itself. But then again, I'm not a professional Lost hater, so there you go.

Still if you are a professional Lost hater don't you have to tune in to know what to complain about.
    There are a few episodes each season that make me feel this way. Then something unexpected happens, and I'm back on board.

I left off after maybe 5 or 6 episodes, when that crazy lady from the tail section shot that other girl, what's her name. Yeah, it's been a while

Hmm. IIRC, you're in a good place to pick back up. You've got all summer, why not give it a shot?

In my opinoin, the season 3 finale is the best episode of the series. The ride won't necessarily be smooth getting there but the payoff is well worth it.