Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thanks for you detailed response cspan, i appreciate your helping me out. it is pretty strange to see how sometimes peripheral college stars can either fade or made great livings on the next level.

with regards to my name, i understand where you're coming from, but frankly i'd rather not change it. i am of course a duke fan above all (st.johns a distant second), but i think i represent a decent number of duke fans by expressing my frustration with greg. although i think he is a great on court leader, vocally and otherwise, i dont feel his skills are of any value to the team other than his spot up three point shooting. hes incredibly slow, hasnt demonstrated a great deal of court vision (leading the acc in assists is much easier with jj coming off mad screens and shelden being a true force down low) and is a horrible horrible defender (something k basically admitted last year by having dave essentially double team faster point guards). although we didnt get to see much of scheyer at the point last year, i think he could work out incredibly well if he was given time to settle in, just like daniel (an incredibly similar player) did three years ago.

sorry to go a little long on this. i havent read all the memoranda but i would imagine a tangent this long about paulus on a thread about chris carrawell probably isnt welcome, especially one of this nature.

i apologize for having such a "derorgatory" handle, but i dont actually hate greg; i just think we would be a much better team if he was in a suit holding a clipboard. with regards to changing it; do i really have to?
    Last edited by NovaScotian; 06-26-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: grammar, redundancy

Quote Originally Posted by benchpaulus View Post
    i just think we would be a much better team if he was in a suit holding a clipboard.
    I'm content with Mike Krzyzewski making that judgment. Not that I haven't second guessed him in certain situations - like calling a timeout for the last possession of the title game in '99 - but w/r/t personnel, I'm sure he puts his best starting 5 out there.