Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FIBA Championship In Game Discussion: USA vs Turkey

8 point lead in the early 2nd period. Sloppy game so far.

Currently going between DC and Greensboro, NC
    Turkey's turning over the ball quite a bit (already at 9 I think). Apparently they've been averaging 10 per game during the rest of the World Games. They seem to be having trouble with the US's speed. Also, this game kind of reminds me of the Championship game against Butler in terms of physicality. It's been an out and out war there

Quote Originally Posted by DukeHoo View Post
    Turkey's turning over the ball quite a bit (already at 9 I think). Apparently they've been averaging 10 per game during the rest of the World Games. They seem to be having trouble with the US's speed. Also, this game kind of reminds me of the Championship game against Butler in terms of physicality. It's been an out and out war there
    Impressions thus far: we're over-reliant on the three against the zone without moving the ball inside first; Russell Westbrook is an out-and-out thief; Kevin Durant is a ridiculous offensive specimen; the Turkish point guard can make some nifty passes out of the pick and roll; Hedo Turkoglu is a bit of a punk.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

watching my delayed Falcons game right now... what quarter and whats the score of the game?!

5. It's strange but based on the last two games our guards haven't looked very good. Billups is a steadying influence but has horrible shot selection and is missing everything. Curry made one, missed one but looks unnervingly shaky with the ball. Gordon is missing everything though at least he's playing decent D. Westbrook is a physical specimen but not really a point guard.

Where o where would Team USA be without Kevin Durant?

I don't even get how Iguodala has such a high PPG average in the NBA, his jump shot looks bad in the tourney thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by _TheFakeJWill_ View Post
    watching my delayed Falcons game right now... what quarter and whats the score of the game?!
    We're up 10 at the half. 42-32.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Impressions thus far: we're over-reliant on the three against the zone without moving the ball inside first; Russell Westbrook is an out-and-out thief; Kevin Durant is a ridiculous offensive specimen; the Turkish point guard can make some nifty passes out of the pick and roll; Hedo Turkoglu is a bit of a punk.
    Neither Billups or Rose played well. It would appear that Coach has more patience for Billups due to his experience while Rose got the hook early. Surprised that Love had no PT. He's certainly earned it.

USA has classically blown teams out coming out of halftime.

Hope pattern holds true.

Don't worry about Turkey playing like thugs...USA is a pretty tough/physical team.

Coach K interview with Schwarz:
    "This (win) would be more satisfying (than Olympics)...I'd be so proud of this group...If we're not able to do it I'd still be very proud of them."

Durant is just unstoppable. Wow

Glad we are up by ten, to start the second half; however, we are COLD, especially from the outside (Kevin Durant obviously excepted). Given the crowd's understandable bias, this game is far from over.

K...please pull Rose

Quote Originally Posted by diveonthefloor View Post
    K...please pull Rose
    Wish granted and none to soon.

OK, I think we now have our best lineup in the game...(Turkey had pulled to within 11)...let's see what happens.

thanks for the updates guys... keep em coming... Falcons in OT right now

Currently going between DC and Greensboro, NC
    US just beat Turkey, 81-64

Victory! Watched the game in Greece in Greek. Overall a solid tournament and can't complain. What is coach K now in national games as head coach? 35_1 or something? I don't care how much talent you have on a team. That much success is impressive. It's 1130 pm in Greece so I don't really understand how they're playing live in turkey right now as it's got to be like 3 on the morning. Makes no sense to me but who knows. It's quite funny to hear the greek commentators say coach k's name.
    Last edited by Bluedog; 09-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Victory! Watched the game in Greece in Greek. Overall a solid tournament and can't complain. What is coach K now in national games as head coach? 35_1 or something? I don't care how much talent you have on a team. That much success is impressive. It's 1130 pm in Greece so I don't really understand how they're playing live in turkey right now as it's got to be like 3 on the morning. Makes no sense to me but who knows. It's quite funny to hear the greek commentators say coach k's name.
    Greece and Istanbul are in the same time zone.

Coach K

49-1 with Team USA. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    49-1 with Team USA. Wow.
    This cannot be right, can it? K was the head coach of the 1990 World Champ USA squad which did not win the Gold, did it?

Great that K gets a gold for himself this time around. Looks good on him.