Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Come on, man... just say it!

He is "alarmingly unathletic."

--Jason "of course, that should be amended to read 'alarmingly unathletic national champion'" Evans
    After watching Russell Westbrook the past few weeks, he has become my new standard of "athletic" as the term is generally applied to basketball players (fairly or not, it usually involves quickness, speed, leaping ability, and explosiveness).

Though I'm not a huge NBA fan, I think I'll try to catch Oklahoma City games when they're on...Westbrook and Durant are plain fun to watch.

It may not be easy to meaure for sure, but the World Championship experience and the style of play that Coach K employed has got to be a positive for Duke recruiting. Looking forward to developments in the Class of 2011 and beyond.

Talking Speculation on K's First Day Back

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    It may not be easy to meaure for sure, but the World Championship experience and the style of play that Coach K employed has got to be a positive for Duke recruiting. Looking forward to developments in the Class of 2011 and beyond.
    Who do you think K is visiting today? Probably more than one prospect.

To the first one, he can truthfully say, "You're the first player I wanted to see after winning the world championship." To the others he can say, "I couldn't wait to see you after I got back from Istanbul."

Gotta be impressive to a recruit, not to mention casual references to "Kevin Durant," "Lamar," "Russell," "Iggy, and "Derrick."

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Interesting. I would see Parker as being pretty darn similar to Tyler Adams. Hey, 'Zone, can you describe the difference in their games?

--Jason "Adams is a 6-8, 260 C while Parker is 6-7, 240 C -- both are top 50-75 prospects in the 2011 and 2012 classes" Evans
    Take ESPN's rankings for what they're worth, but they have Parker as a 5-star player and 15th overall in the 2012 class.

Much higher rating than Adams, who's not even in their top 100 (just outside if I remember correctly)

Maybe I missed a thread on Amile Jefferson, but I thought it was interesting that this one in the archives shows that we were indeed involved in ealry 2010. Jefferson is a slender by skilled forward who is silky smooth. He has a good basketball IQ and no major weakness in his skill set. Jefferson has now been offered by Duke after a chat with Coach K and Duke is very much in this race, one which may or may not go on for a bit. Anyhow, Jefferson and his length can help Duke and the ofer was made for there are no similar sized players on the roster past next season. I have seen him play several times and like him a lot. He is not a physical banger, but is a very good player.